Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 1,449 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

What color would you use for brick red, dark red? reddish brown?

I’m not well-versed on the parts available in sand green, but maybe you could create the roof with wedge plates instead of steep slopes.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I don’t recall that Kennywood has a real definitive “station” for its train ride (does the train ride even exist anymore – I can not remember).

I wonder how we could find out?

But seriously, yes, it still exists. No, it’s not particularly iconic (I couldn’t even find photos online – had to grab screenshots from this youtube video.) Except for that creepy woman in the window…

…apparently Laffin’ Sal is (/was?) a huge thing though – Googling reveals they were (/are?) at many amusement parks n’at. So… maybe *she’s* iconic…? *shudder*

PGH’s Union Station would be a fun and challenging build. Especially now that that jag in the apartment (/office?) above it took down the stupid Toronto Maple Leafs flag that was in the window…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Tim

What color would you use for brick red, dark red? reddish brown?
    I’m not well-versed on the parts available in sand green, but maybe you could create the roof with wedge plates instead of steep slopes.

I would probably use either regular red or dark red, depending upon how they contrasted with the sand green (dark red might actually be too dark). It looks like the trim is off white, so I would either use white or tan for the trim depending upon parts availability for the various cornices and other decorative elements.

I wonder how we could find out?

I did honestly try to find photos – Neither Google or Images.Google had any useful information on a train station. So going back to Greg’s original question, I would suggest the Disney World Train Depot for an amusement park station and Union Station for “downtown”. Those are now on my ever expanding list of projects. 😀

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Tim.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Who is master.builder and why is he not part of our LUG?

Maybe it’s @burikmodeldesign…?

I did honestly try to find photos – Neither Google or Images.Google had any useful information on a train station. So going back to Greg’s original question, I would suggest the Disney World Train Depot for an amusement park station and Union Station for “downtown”. Those are now on my ever expanding list of projects.

Oh, I believe you looked… I’m still gonna use LMGTFY at every opportunity. GIYF isn’t nearly as good, although it’s less of a mouthful. And yeah, I feel like if our project lists were not expanding, we would be fraudulent artists / AFOLs, no? (@greg, you ready to do The Claw yet?!?)

Josh
    Keymaster

Did you reach out?

Tim

Oh, I believe you looked… I’m still gonna use LMGTFY at every opportunity.

I would expect no less from the high standards you have set. 😀 The List is always longer than I can ever hope to actually accomplish but that keeps the creativity flowing.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@greg, you ready to do The Claw yet?!?

I have accumulated pieces of this project: an LEGO excavator claw, a LEGO control center, 100 LEGO Toy Story aliens and a Toy Story bedsheet. I should run this collection of parts past @tfdesigns at the Q3 meeting.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m interested in getting Disney CMF’s Alice in Wonderland, Captain Hook and the Cheshire cat. Does anyone’s store (ex. ToysRUs) still have the Disney minifigs?

Josh
    Keymaster

I think rich just said they have some still at sw Randall

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Does anyone’s store (ex. ToysRUs) still have the Disney minifigs?

I asked the bricklink guy with whom I am placing the order and he had two of them (just not in inventory) so now I just need Alice.

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant

I was just at SW Randall Downtown and they had a bunch of Disney minifigures upstairs. I also saw a few at the Castle Toys and Games in Wexford, but that was months ago now. And they priced them at $5 instead of $4. SW Randall had them for $4 each.

Note, they should be releasing another production run of the minifigures when they release the Cinderella Castle set (TWO MORE WEEKS!), so watch to see them drop in price once that set comes out.

David Bacon
    Participant

Target has some Cartwheel coupons on some of the first wave of Nexo Knights sets. 20% for each.

null

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by David Bacon.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have some HO trains for sale on craigslist, including a few that are self-motorized. Two of the vehicles are self-motorized trolleys, @laura. Considering that these trains, buildings etc. were from the 70’s, I thought they would be worth something, but this is not my area of expertise. I keep lowering the price but I guess there must be a glut of this stuff. Any interest?

Josh
    Keymaster

I thought the same. I ended up taking mine to a hobby shop in century 3 and he only wanted the 1 Santa Fe engine for $5.

Laura
    Participant

There is a big glut at the moment. Many old timers that collected trains are passing away and/or thier collections are being liquidated. The trolley museum has been getting many donations from families recently because it is a difficult market to be a seller in at this time.

Greg Schubert
    Participant
    Pete
    Participant

Look at where it ships from. That will answer your question.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Look at where it ships from. That will answer your question.

I know this product is coming from China, but that does not answer my question.

Bricklink does not even have an inventory of the parts yet, but somehow these guys know not only what parts were required but also made those 4080 pieces in appropriate colors, in molds that are probably identical to the originals except with the word LEGO removed from the studs. I don’t think they steal the sets and then slice the word LEGO off each stud, I think these guys are manufacturing entire copies of the set. The thing that amazes me is how quickly they did it – before the official release date. These sets must be sitting around in a warehouse in China for months, allowing someone to get a hold of them and setup the manufacture process.

Tim

FYI, the Learning Center in Cranberry still has a full box of Disney CMFs (along with both Simpson’s CMF Series, and some Series 13, 14, and 15, if I recall correctly). Prices are slightly higher than MSRP.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Storing that post in our database is the most worthwhile thing we can do with our lug resources. Lol. Good times. Thanks, Greg.

Oh, I thought you wanted to know what I was thinking. Anyway, if lug resources are low I can delete posts with images I’ve uploaded. Each picture is worth a thousand hahas.

Josh
    Keymaster

Don’t ever change.

That would throw off my yearly zeitgeist stats anyway. We just can’t have that 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Don’t ever change.

I second that emotion. <3 Greg.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

On the last day at Brickfair, Kevin Hinkle brought two Danish guys, who did not say much over to the SteelCityLUG North Pole display. He asked me if I built the Christmas tree and they did not say much more. About a week ago someone from Denmark with the ebay name Klaus Algreen with zero feedback bought the instructions for the tree. Klaus Algreen … really? For a completely green Christmas tree. Hmmm.

Attachments:
    Pete
    Participant

Next years holiday set.

Viewing 25 posts - 176 through 200 (of 1,449 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar