Town Grocer

Home Forums MOCs Town Grocer

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

I agree completely, I used the dome pieces trying to do something slightly different, but i’m not thinking its better. I really like the steps, shield, railing, and med blue door, but the rest of it’s just not screaming GREAT. I open to any suggestion you guys/ladies have…..

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Please give some input,

I like it! Its a really good building front; those two studs on the awning need a lamp or tile or something.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

OK, just in case it wasn’t clear, this looks great. Joe indicated that *he* wasn’t thrilled with it, and IMHO the awnings are the weirdest part, so I mentioned it as one opinion on what, if anything, I might change, were it my build. Obviously, that’s just one opinion, and Josh’s negates it. It was very much an “if I had to pick one thing you might change, that’d be it, but you don’t have to change anything if you don’t want to.” And I didn’t check to see what Market Street looked like before making the comment about 1×3 slopes for awning… oops.

Incidentally, people are selling just the instructions for Market Street for $130, and just the box for $300. Holy crap.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

those two studs on the awning need a lamp or tile or something.

Yea, maybe that’s it – with something to accent the big white dome shape, it’d look tons better. Thanks for bailing me out, Greg.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

It looks good but I think I need to wait and see how the 2nd floor looks before I make any suggestions.

Matthew
    Participant

Love them both! Very nice stuff! i need to get some of the dark blues and olive greens for this type of work, plus doors and windows! i just hope you didn’t tare apart the actual market street and green grocer for the parts, that would just kill me inside because i don’t have either of those!

Joe
    Participant

a pic of the last two buildings I’ve done, both still need a little work, but for the most part they’re complete.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dude, those skullcaps, tho.

David H Donley
    Participant

Nice job.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Great buildings! Cool placement of the bat signal.

Josh
    Keymaster

Love those shrubs!

Joe
    Participant

Thanks guys, after i get some sorting done. I hope to finally start on the pizza shop, it may be my first 32×32.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I was gonna second the whole skullcaps thing, but I wasn’t sure I needed to clutter everybody’s inboxes any more than I already do. But they are sweet and they came up at the Doug party when Matt was saying again how awesome they are.

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar