Transplant from Chicago

Home Forums Introductions Transplant from Chicago

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    ChrisB
    Participant

Hey

I’m Chris and I’m a Lego hoarder…….. I mean enthusiast.

Moved here about a year ago from Chicago, haven’t unpacked everything yet but I’m working on it. During the move the family finally figured out how many Legos I actually had……….. oh well……. so much for blissful ignorance.

Glad Pittsburgh has a lego group. Just returned from Minnesota where I got to visit the store at MOA. It was nice, but not overwhelming since I shop in Chicago. Heading to Chicago this weekend, will probably take a peak in the lego store to see what’s what.

Anyway, hello everyone and glad to be here.

Tim

Welcome, Chris. There are many enthusiasts here. 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome, Chris!

If you’re available, our quarterly meeting is next Saturday, 5/27, and is a great place to get to know people! We also have a build challenge you could participate in, if you’re so inclined.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

a peak in the lego store to see what’s what

Dude, this is good news on so many levels. Are you going to the brickfest-type event in Chicago? Are you willing to pickup parts at the LEGO store? I might need a couple of cups of white tooth-shaped modified plates, where the teeth hang down:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=15070#T=C

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    ChrisB
    Participant

Memorial Day weekend is up in the air for me. Don’t know if I’ll be in town or not.

I wasn’t planning on going to Brickworld Chicago but damn that’s only 10 minutes from my old house.

I can pick up parts at the lego store but I don’t see any teeth plates listed on the walls. Let me know, I can take a look. I’m driving back to Pittsburgh first thing Monday morning so let me know by noon on Sunday. I’ll be staying closest to Woodfield Mall, they also have a Brickmania if anyone needs any unusual minifigs. I went into one of those at MOA, interesting place.

ChrisB
    Participant

Also, I’m bummed that I’ll miss your RR display this weekend! I have HP everything!

Josh
    Keymaster

Where are you in pittsburgh? Welcome!

ChrisB
    Participant

I’m in New Kensington. Is that considered west Westmoreland county? I lived here before I moved to Chicago years ago, that was up north in Franklin Park. I know my way around a little, but I’ve only been downtown a couple times since I’ve been back.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Hey Greg, New Kensington is “North Hills”, right? He’s already “one of us”!! Welcome Chris. I’m a “newbee” to this group since January, and am already enjoying being part of the group.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group. I look forward to meeting you.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Heading to Chicago this weekend, will probably take a peak in the lego store

Is there anything to report from the LEGO store? The online Pick-a-Brick wall inventories are often out of date.

ChrisB
    Participant

Yes, they had them. I sent you a message Thursday night. I never heard back so I didn’t pick any up. I’m back in Pittsburgh now.

I will be in Cleveland on Thursday if you want me to look. I need to know how much you need.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yes, they had them. I sent you a message Thursday night. I never heard back so I didn’t pick any up. I’m back in Pittsburgh now.

I will be in Cleveland on Thursday if you want me to look. I need to know how much you need.

Thanks for making the effort. I see now, that you sent a message through this website, but I almost never receive messages there. If you see some in Cleveland, I would like to have an entire large PaB cup of the, white modified plate downward tooth parts. I’m not sure what I will do with them, but winter scenes seem to have become my focus, so they will eventually be useful.

ChrisB
    Participant

Ok, I’ll let you know what I find.

ChrisB
    Participant

Hitting two lego stores in less than a week is a bad thing for a recovering addict……. :D. My family doesn’t let me go into the lego store anymore.

I currently have a lovely yellow bag with a very well packed large cup of white modified plate downward tooth parts for Greg. Beechwood mall is a really nice mall. The lego folks were great, they didn’t have the plates on the wall but the guy went in the back and pulled out a box of them.

So, it’ll be here until we meet up.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> The online Pick-a-Brick wall inventories are often out of date.

If by ‘often’ you mean ‘always, to the point that the websites are pretty much useless unless you have a time machine’, then yes.

ChrisB
    Participant

>> The online Pick-a-Brick wall inventories are often out of date.

If by ‘often’ you mean ‘always, to the point that the websites are pretty much useless unless you have a time machine’, then yes.

The list on Wall of Bricks for the lego store at Beechwood Mall is accurate as of yesterday.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

a very well packed large cup of white modified plate downward tooth parts for Greg

@gherki are you going to BrickFest Live in Monroeville this weekend? I could pay you for the parts then, or even send you a PayPal payment if you will be able to deliver them to the LUG display sometime.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

ChisB, aka @gherki, I am still wondering if you have parts that you bought for me on May 26th.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar