Wedding

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Wedding

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Bacon
    Participant

Got this e-mail via freecycle today:

>Hello!

>My fiance and I are planning a lego-themed wedding and we’re trying to
    >find a way to get Lego minifigs without breaking the bank! We’re looking
    >for used minifigures and 2×4 bricks.

>Thank you!

Since it’s from freecycle, they are not looking to spend money. I know it’s a long shot, but if anyone has bricks or figures they want to donate to a wedding, let me know and I’ll send the contact info over.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Here is a similar discussion that was posted to the bricklink forum in early July: http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=998152

At the very least, the happy couple need to provide more details. How MANY minifigs and 2×4’s? Do they want the figs and bricks to all be the same? It IS possible to help them find the lowest cost of 2×4’s and minifigs if they have a quantity they need. Is the couple making a display with a church and the figs are to put in the church?

How could someone be proposing a LEGO themed wedding and then expect free parts? I mean if they are into this hobby then they have to know that parts cost money … unless they go on eBay and buy Chinese knock-offs.

Maybe they should just buy the wedding topper, set number 40165, http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?S=40165-1&ColorID=0, $12.99 plus shipping on bricklink.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

I’m guessing they want them for wedding favors

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Ok, well I am having a diamond anniversary; anyone can give me the diamonds that they are not using.

Tom Frost
    Participant

#givemefreestuffplease

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar