what the heck is Greg doing?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! what the heck is Greg doing?

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 371 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

A family member gave me their unopened Taj Mahal to sell for them. It sold on feeBay in early September for $2800. Yesterday’s LEGO catalog says that they will be available on Black Friday weekend for $370. 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

so what is greg up to? Apparently gloating, with good reason too. how fortuitous.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Greg: You know I’m going to Monroeville Friday, right?
    Anne: Are you taking that tree?
    Greg: No, its not going to be finished by then.
    Anne: Do you have a plan to take it somewhere?
    Greg: Yes, the living room.
    Anne: In place of our regular tree?
    Greg: Possibly
    Anne: (silence)

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Anne ftw!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Anne ftw!

Yep, this made up for all the waiting I’ve had to do for tree updates.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

twenty five levels to go

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I placed an order with ChromeBricks in Germany. I think the current weight is only about 100 grams but I can still add another 300 grams of weight without increasing the postage. Does anyone have anything small on their wish list to add?

https://store.bricklink.com/ChromeBricks#/shop?o={“showHomeItems”:1}

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Re: Chrome Bricks, if nobody else wants the space, I’ll take as many 1×2 dark green plates as you can fit in 300 grams.

Josh
    Keymaster

all the yellow 1×4 plates, please. 59 x.3 = ~$1.75

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Where to begin? 104x huskies, Unitron torsos, bright light orange cheese…

…probably best to just leave me out of this.

Tom Frost
    Participant

if it’s not too late (or if this doesn’t add too much weight) 4x “Chrome Silver Wheel Cover 5 Spoke Thick – for Wheel 56145 (set 8169) Original LEGO(R) Part 85969, chromed by Chromebricks”

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Chrome Silver Wheel Cover 5 Spoke Thick

Dude, those wheel covers are totally rad! I think I can fit them in. What are you going to do with them, trick out your Lamborghini? Build a custom Batmobile? I can hardly wait to see!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

So the tree probably going to be about this tall when its done. The good news is that the top half is going to be mostly one continuous piece and portable. That means it could possible be used at the Bethel Park Library, designated one of our three big events this year. 🙂

Can you imagine combining the tree with Tom’s black apparatus and some UV radiant decorations?!?

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Can you imagine combining the tree with Tom’s black apparatus and some UV radiant decorations?!?

Yeah, but what I really want is to know more about Outdoor Challenge!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Someone wanted to buy a set in my bricklink store and they said that they kept getting an error message that the dimensions are not correct. What? I have never heard of this before. So I looked on the inventory page, and guess what, there is a place to add weight, and XYZ dimensions. Has anyone ever noticed this or entered anything into these boxes before? I presume that the “dimensions” are meant to help with shipping, but if its a known LEGO set, why aren’t the weight/volume already entered like they are for parts?

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

This is the error message that the potential buyer received:

“Order summary
    Items do not fit in the package
    Max weight: 13 oz
    Length + Girth: 108 in
    Your items do not meet seller’s package dimension requirement. Please remove some items
    from your cart.
    OR
    If the seller has authorized you to bypass, enter bypass password
    Enter bypass password
    Proceed to Checkout”

Which makes no sense to me, since I sold a seven pound set on Friday.

Josh
    Keymaster

Greg, what the heck are you doing?

This seems more like a bricklink forum question than a question we can resolve here.

My guess is that your store shipping restrictions are in play. 13 oz is the max USPS will allow for first class mail.

Josh
    Keymaster

I got the same thing. with a first pop up with “SHIPPING_METHOD_PACKAGE_RESTRICTION: You will be redirected to the cart page.” before I could check out.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I did check the bricklink forum but learned nothing conclusive. I saw people complaining about bricklink launching changes before they had perfected them. It seems that there are settings for available shipping methods. It seems that my account came with two default shipping methods. One was for domestic first class and the other was for international and it just said (request invoice.) So I made a third shipping method called USPS Priority with no size restrictions. Hopefully that will work.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Now that I have hit this milestone of completing the tree to the top, much of the technical problem is over and the creative part can begin. I actively solicited advice from Mrs. Anne for the next stage and it appears that I need to add three more buildings near the top. I will probably adapt existing buildings from the former Alpine Village for this purpose.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

It’s gonna have lights built in, right, Greg? 😀

Greg Schubert
    Participant

LEGO is an included exclusion.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Meanwhile, back at the tree: I’ve decided to enter it into the LEGO Winter Wonderland contest. I am hoping it will be one of the eleven runner’s up.

My creativity consultant, Mrs. Anne, suggested adding more buildings, so many hours were invested in that endeavor. Unlike the other buildings which rest in holes, these were built right into the mountain side.

Also, I added a star and I came up with an idea to make a staircase that could also serve as a garland. Anne obliged adding this feature; I have provided evidence of this activity to persuade the doubtful. Imagine 3WS 94.5 playing Christmas music continually in the background.

Finally I started adding small trees to Mt. Tannenbaum.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I decided that I am definitely going to enter this Rebrick contest to build a Winter Wonderland.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/rebrick/contest-page/contests/winter-wonderland

In light of that, getting the tree camera ready became a top priority the last few days.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg, you’re my hero. Never forget that. (Anne is pretty cool, too! 3WS…not so much…)

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 371 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar