What the heck is Rich building?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! What the heck is Rich building?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sir Dan Walker of the Block Sir Dan Walker of the Block 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Rich Millich
    Rich Millich
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’ve committed to a build schedule for the entirety of next year. Since I have waaaaay too many projects in my head, it’s time to select them and get to it with a regular schedule of things I really want to build. So here goes:

December 2017 – January 2018
    * S.W. Randall’s display. That’s it. It’s going to take up all my time just to keep this event organized and build for the big finish in January.
    * Build some cool Nexo Knights type buildings and vehicles for Phase 5 of the SWR display with a callback to previous phases of the build where possible.
    * During this time, break out and build the remaining Nexo Knights sets I still have in the box.

February 2018
    * Build a Sparrow based on @arcadiumsol‘s excellent design. Learn the combination of tight Technic-System combination superstructure techniques from this build, including his “kid-proof” connection techniques and exterior and how to build better weight bearing landing gear.

March – September 2018
    * Redesign and rebuild all five G-Fighter starfighters.
    * Make the fuselages more consistent and with consistent ports to be refueled.
    * Design an overhead claw type gantry.
    * Make these fighters strong enough structurally and light enough within to be held by that claw-type gantry.
    * Design a large, brick built Project G display sign for future displays of the G-Fighters.
    Knowledge from and suggestions from @arcadiumsol and you other LUGgers will pay off big here all year long. If I complete one per month, I’ll be golden. I expect delays and difficult design executions. And needed brick.
    * If I have time, for fun, build the Saturn V which will remain in box until then.

October 2018
    * Design and build the Monorail Vic Viper with @randomdan.
    * Refine the M-Tron Vic (with henries!) with @randomdan.
    * Refine the Tigershark Vic and build the single baseplate diorama around it.

NNoVVember 2018
    * Enter the NNoVVember event on flickr. I believe this is the 10th Anniversary of NNoVVember, so I’ll have at least six Vics to feature.
    * Organize a “Design, Build, Fly” type contest for the end of NNoVVember where I will build a short, proof of concept space shooter video game surrounding one LEGO MOC entered into the contest.
    * This means I will not be organizing S.W. Randall’s next year.

December 2018
    * Begin building my dream MOC, featuring the new FS-38/G Paladin, based on this scene, lighting and all:
    Gradius III Intro Remake

And that’s my ambitious plan for building this and next year!

• This topic was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by Profile photo of Rich Millich Rich Millich.
    Profile photo of Greg Schubert
    Greg Schubert
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s an ambitious schedule. Its good to have goals!

Profile photo of Matt Redfield
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Shew. I’m basically just hoping to not end up in the insane asylum because of LUGBulk… if I build something in 2018, it’ll be a bonus!

Profile photo of Sir Dan Walker of the Block
    Sir Dan Walker of the Block
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Gonna be busy!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.