who wants a lug tshirt?

Home Forums LUG discussions who wants a lug tshirt?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

ok, custom order form is up. http://goo.gl/forms/daTdZwsPve

fill it out to let me know what you want.

I’m thinking $14 a shirt should cover taxes and shipping. anything extra obviously goes to lug funds. If you want to personalize colors, get a sweatshirt, different fabric, just let me know what you want. http://www.ooshirts.com/designapp/sharing/1021106703 is the link for the design.

Deadline is October 25th at midnight EST.

I just bought a shirt through http://www.teespring.com to support a group for something. Checking out the site, it’s pretty cool. You get to customize a shirt, they tell you the base price, and you can set the final price, and you get to use it as a fundraiser by keeping the difference.

obviously the simpler the cheaper, but I went for the simple logo. based on a minimum of 25 (adjustable) the base price would be 17 something. round it to 19 or 20. shipping options are either free to 1 place or everyone can pay a small shipping charge to get it directly (that’s what I chose for the other group, and it was $3.25).

not sure we could get 25 people to buy a shirt or not. lug could buy a few just to have on hand as well. there were options for girls sizes and hoodies too. feel free to play around with the site too. anyone feel ambitious enough to design something original? anyone interested at all? maybe we just revisit later, i just came across the site and liked the premiss.

• This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Josh.
    • This topic was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Josh.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I could get behind this idea. Gotta be sure that (a) the gold in the logo matches the tee, and (b) the gold in the logo is trimmed fully by black so it doesn’t wash out the bridge, but yeah. I’d buy one.

Joe
    Participant

I’m in…. I’d probably purchase two….

Doug
    Participant

Sigh, I look TERRIBLE in yellow.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Sigh, I look TERRIBLE in yellow.

What if we made some in black?

Although that probably increases the per-shirt cost (if we ordered, say 12 yellow and 13 black) or something…

Josh
    Keymaster

certainly not stuck on yellow. that was just where i left it to take the picture. I always lean towards the shades of blue, but I figured the whole “black and yellow” thing and then all of us in yellow would certainly draw attention to whatever it is we’re doing.

The main point of this thread was just to get an idea of who was willing to toss $18-$20 for a shirt, to see if we could either lower the cost with quantity. if there were interest, we could talk more on design…

Josh
    Keymaster

I had a thought to leave the front blank to not cover up our badges and the logo on the back…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I had a thought to leave the front blank to not cover up our badges and the logo on the back…

Blank, or just a small logo on one side of the chest… but that prob costs more…

Nancy Flury Carlson
    Participant

I’d get one

Dac
    Participant

I’d get one. That looks sweet!

Josh
    Keymaster

played around on a new site today. looks like it will be a lot cheaper and we can add a variety of sizes, shapes, and cuts and keep it at or around $10 a shirt.

http://www.ooshirts.com/designapp/

anyone know anything about Tshirt/fabric quality enough to take a role in picking? I’d just look at one of my shirts to see what it was made of and chose that one…

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

50% cotton, 50% polyester => the secret to a soft t-shirt. Or so said our class chaplain my sophomore year at Cedarville (it was his school-year-long tease, with the answer finally revealed in his last message…)

Yellow might not be Doug’s best color, but conversely, it’d sure stand out at conventions and whatnot. But we could also let people pick their own colors… so long as they pick either black or yellow (#blackandyellowblackandyellow)

Joe
    Participant

I’m a big fan of having LUG shirts, especially when doing public displays. I believe the shirts would help the group look more organized and/or professional to the general public.

I’m a big fan of blue, but who doesn’t like black and yellow also….

Doug
    Participant

Can members emeritus still buy one? Oy, that orange-ish yellow. It’s hideous, haha, but it’s perfect. No one will have any trouble finding LUG members in a crowd!

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hm, another thread I was somehow not subscribed to. I’d totally wear that shirt.

Josh
    Keymaster

50% cotton, 50% polyester => the secret to a soft t-shirt.

good enough for me. We’ll go with that until someone says something different.

I’m a big fan of blue, but who doesn’t like black and yellow also….

me too…sky blue? navy blue? There are a lot of options. I was thinking about the gold since it definitely stands out and it doesn’t blend in too much with the logo. I was also thinking members could add another shirt or hoodie (like I plan to) at their own requested colors. Anyone else, besides Doug want to chime in for another color?

Can members emeritus still buy one?

Who are you?

I’m thinking these would be fun to have by Greenberg…which means speed might sacrifice planning. I don’t see us finalizing a new logo any time soon (cough @iamrjthompson who is busy being sick) but I wonder if we are satisfied with our current logo for at least a first batch of shirts anyway. All in favor, say I.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m ok with it. The 50/50 Cotton/Poly blend is just a suggestion, of course. Depends on how much we want to pay, I’m sure, but whatever American Apparel makes their shirts of is uber comfortable… that might be 100% cotton…

Can we change our LUG motto to “Doug, who?”

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I’d be interested in a shirt 🙂

Pete
    Participant

I’d like one too

Joshua Worthing
    Participant

I would be interested in a tshirt!

Josh
    Keymaster

ok, custom order form is up. http://goo.gl/forms/daTdZwsPve

fill it out to let me know what you want.

I’m thinking $14 a shirt should cover taxes and shipping. anything extra obviously goes to lug funds. If you want to personalize colors, get a sweatshirt, different fabric, just let me know what you want. http://www.ooshirts.com/designapp/sharing/1021106703 is the link for the design.

Deadline is October 25th at midnight EST.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Josh wrote:

Blank, or just a small logo on one side of the chest… but that prob costs more…

Were you going to (1) put the big logo on the back w/ front blank? Or (2) small logo one side of chest? Or (3) just go big and bold on the front and not worry about where to put our badges? (hint: option 3 is stupid.)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also, I recommend that nobody do black or navy blue unless we can modify the logo (put a white border around the skyline or something)… it won’t show up on the dark background…

Josh
    Keymaster

well, jeez. 1) to worry about where to put a badge, you have to know where yours is. 2) Now that you’ve said option 3 is stupid, we’ll need to take it to a vote to the people. RED TAPE POLITICS. What do others think?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

1) I like to plan ahead and be optimistic.

2) I aim to misbehave.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 57 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar