Actors with 2 or more Character minifigs?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Actors with 2 or more Character minifigs?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Tim

My kids were watching Pirate of the Carribean last night and I realized that with the Lone Ranger sets coming out, Johnny Depp now has two different character minifigs to his credit.  That got me thinking about other actors who have minifigs of at least two different characters.  Here is who I came up with.  Did I miss anyone?

Johnny Depp – Captain Jack Sparrow; Tonto

Harrison Ford – Han Solo; Indiana Jones

Orlando Bloom – Legolas; Will Turner (PoTC)

Ian McKellan – Gandalf; Magneto

Alfred Molina – Doctor Octopus; Satipo (Indiana Jones)

As soon as they come out with a Galadriel figure, Cate Blanchette will be on this list also.

Actually, Alfred Molina has three, he also was Sheik Amar in Prince of Persia.

Tim

Wow, great catch Andrew!  I never saw Prince of Persia so I know very little about it.

Christopher Lee is another with two characters – Count Dooku and Saruman

Josh
    Keymaster

this is a fun list. I never caught on to the fact that there’d be two of the same actor.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I put Ian McKellan on the list even though the Magneto I have is clearly comic book Magneto and not movie Magneto. I think they may have released a different Magneto since then.

You’re also missing Kiera Knightley and Helen Bonham Carter, and now Chris Pratt. I’m thinking there might be one more but I’m not coming up with it.

We missed out on Martin Freeman and Benedict Cumberbatch when Lego Cuusoo rejected the ‘Sherlock’ set (which would’ve been awesome).

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You’re also missing Kiera Knightley and Helen Bonham Carter, and now Chris Pratt.

Yes, but what roles did they play?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

What, do I have to do everything for you guys? You’re cutting into my valuable time, these Legos aren’t gonna sort themselves.

Chris Pratt is Emmett Brickowski (don’t even tell me that doesn’t count, his personality is all over that character) and Star Lord (from Guardians of the Galaxy, which we still haven’t seen but we’re hearing good things).

HBC is in The Lone Ranger, I don’t remember her character’s name (that movie was not as bad as people said though) but she’s in the carriage set, which was a neat set even though that scene must’ve been cut from the movie. And she was Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter. I never bought that set, and last I checked on BrickLink, she started at something like $28 used.

And speaking of HP, that reminds me: I think Bill Nighy is on the list too. He’s Davy Jones in PotC and I believe his HP character made a Lego appearance as well, although I’d have to check on that.

Kiera Knightley is Elizabeth Swann in PotC and doubles as Queen Amidala in Star Wars. I’m not sure if that one counts. I was thinking of this one:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?M=sw387

which arguably is Natalie, but I’m pretty sure Kiera wears that outfit as well in the scenes that Natalie is in the background as a member of the entourage. I’d have to check to be sure, but doing so would force me to watch Episode 1 again, which I’ve already seen like four times, which is way too many for one person’s lifetime already.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ha. Just thought Tim’s posts early in the thread were quite neat and informational.

I knew Chris Pratt’s characters, and that you were counting KK’s appearance in The Movie Which Must Not Be Named as Amidala’s stunt double [incidentally, pretty sure it’s Keira – e before i except when one is following silly rhymes.] Didn’t know HBC was Red Harrington (know the name of the character only because I have oh so many of them in my BL inventory… keep meaning to go back and switch the minifigs to parts instead of whole, because nobody’s buying those characters.)

Rufus Scrimgeour does not come up on Bricklink, so I think Nighy’s out.

Interesting thought: has to be an actual, made of ABS minifig, right? Video games don’t count? Because if we’re counting the comic book style Magneto as McKellen, I feel like there are a few others who’d get on the list, like Chris Evans (Cap’n ‘Murica, Human Torch)

Standings:

Alfred Molina – Doctor Octopus; Satipo (Indiana Jones); Sheik Amar (Prince of Persia)
    Johnny Depp – Captain Jack Sparrow; Tonto
    Harrison Ford – Han Solo; Indiana Jones
    Orlando Bloom – Legolas; Will Turner (PoTC)
    Christopher Lee – Count Dooku; Saruman
    Chris Pratt – Emmet; Starlord
    Helena Bonham Carter – Bellatrix Lestrange; Red Harrington
    Hugo Weaving – Elrond; Red Skull**
    Ian McKellen – Gandalf; Magneto*
    Keira Knightley – Elizabeth Swann; Amidala Double*

Any others?

Man, I gotta remember to use this as a trivia question (with folks outside these forums, anyway). Can’t imagine anyone would get Alfred Molina as the real life human with the most minifigs (of unique characters, anyway… not counting the eleventeen Bilbos and thirty-twelve Harry Potter variations…)

* – Somewhat questionable
    ** – (That counts, right? I honestly wasn’t sure if that set was a movie tie-in with Captain America, or based off the comics. Also, OH MAN V FOR VENDETTA MOC! Which would get Natalie Portman on this list, too)

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Will Arnett! (technically, I mean he played Batman/Bruce in The Lego Movie AND he’s Vern in TMNT) 🙂

and how far of a stretch are we willing to go? haha Alan Ritchson, whom I know from his role as Aquaman from Smallville, is also Raphael in the new TMNT. There is an Aquaman minifig, but it’s most likely the comic version and he voices a turtle. So yea, I said it was a stretch :p

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Hannah Dow.
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

and Liam Neeson right? Qui-Gon Jin in Star Wars (or however you spell it) and Goodcop/Badcop.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Hannah Dow.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Who’s Vern in TMNT? Which version? There are so many versions of TMNT now…

I’d say that “Aquaman” from Smallville and Raphael in TMNT (the Michael Bay monstrosity? The reboot cartoon? The other “blockbuster” from a few years ago?) is indeed a stretch, but plausible enough to put before the judges.

Neeson I’ll give you outright. On par with Chris Pratt for voicing a character in TLM and also having a spacey movie turned into LEGO sets…

How about John Rhys-Davies getting no love? Gimli (minifig), Treebeard (guess there’s not really a LEGO version – the Ent in Orthanc is kinda generic), Sallah (I can’t believe there’s a Satipo fig and not a Sallah…), and it looks like he actually voiced Thor in some cartoons in the 90s… so that one’s a stretch, but I could see giving him credit for 2 and feeling bad that he doesn’t get credit for 2 more.

Andy Serkis – Gollum. Smeagol (split personalities count, right? OK, maybe not.) ALSO THE VOICE OF THE WITCH KING OF ANGMAR. BAM.

Warwick Davis – Professor Flitwick. Goblin bank teller at Gringott’s (credited in Sorcerer’s Stone). Also credited as the voice of Griphook in later HP films, but there doesn’t appear to be a named goblin banker minifig – still, there are multiple varieties… so he’s got to get credit for at least one minifig as a goblin banker. Oh, and WICKET. BAM and double BAM. Now he’s tied with good ol’ Al Molina.

Warwick Davis – Professor Flitwick; Griphook/goblin banker; Wicket

Room for debate here, still, but:

3 – Alfred Molina – Doctor Octopus; Satipo (Indiana Jones); Sheik Amar (Prince of Persia)
    3 – Warwick Davis – Professor Flitwick; Griphook/goblin banker; Wicket

2 – Johnny Depp – Captain Jack Sparrow; Tonto
    2 – Harrison Ford – Han Solo; Indiana Jones
    2 – Orlando Bloom – Legolas; Will Turner (PoTC)
    2 – Christopher Lee – Count Dooku; Saruman
    2 – Chris Pratt – Emmet; Starlord
    2 – Helena Bonham Carter – Bellatrix Lestrange; Red Harrington
    2 – Liam Neeson – Bad Cop; Qui-Gon Jinn
    2 – Andy Serkis – Gollum; The Witch King
    2* – Hugo Weaving – Elrond; Red Skull*
    2* – Ian McKellen – Gandalf; Magneto*
    2* – Keira Knightley – Elizabeth Swann; Amidala Double*
    2* – Will Arnett – Batman (TLM); Vern* (who the eff is Vern???)
    2* – John Rhys-Davies – Gimli; Thor* (cartoons)
    2* – Alan Ritchson – Aquaman*; Raphael*

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Who’s Vern in TMNT? Which version? There are so many versions of TMNT now…

Vern is a newscaster who is a rival of April’s..and nearly certain he was in the original 80s animated TV show, but he’s in the new movie as well.

TMNT (the Michael Bay monstrosity? The reboot cartoon? The other “blockbuster” from a few years ago?)

Whatever one just came out last night/today lol the one with Megan Fox in it. Jonathan Liebesman is the director.

oh and on the off chance, if they make a Ra’s Al Ghul minifig, ,which I’m surprised isn’t out there yet, Mr. Neeson could get a third 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Vern is a newscaster who is a rival of April’s..and nearly certain he was in the original 80s animated TV show, but he’s in the new movie as well.

Ah. I’m not gonna lie, it’s been like 30 years since I watched the original TMNT. That sounds familiar, though.

Yeah, the one that just came out is the Michael Bay monstrosity. Or at least that’s what it seems like. Over the top action, Megan Fox getting paid to run around whilst scantily clad, and that’s all I remember from Transformers. But Will Arnett is cool, even if he ends up in lots of weird movies.

ChristianK
    Participant

If Chris Pratt is to be believed, he’ll have a third minifigure in short order. He let slip in a recent radio interview that LEGO is making Jurassic World LEGO sets, and he approved his figure.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Who would’ve thought that Chris Pratt would be in an elite group of only three people who have ever walked this planet to be immortalized in ABS as three distinct characters?

Can we get a consensus vote on the following:

1) Does voice work / motion capture work count? (I say yes.)

2) Does playing a character who has a representation in LEGO form, but not one specifically tied to your portrayal of said character, count? (This is harder – maybe half credit?)

3) Any other ambiguities we need to clear up, to clarify the standings and eliminate as many asterisks as possible?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Here comes that Galadriel minifig, Tim…

2 – Cate Blanchett – Galadriel, Irina Spalko (crummy new Indy movie)

YOU GUYS. I remembered the one I thought of whilst quizzing my brother on our road trip this weekend, but forgot to add on the thread!

Gary. Oldman. Sirius. Black. Commissioner. Gordon. Two. Points. To. Gryffindor.

3 – Alfred Molina – Doctor Octopus; Satipo (Indiana Jones); Sheik Amar (Prince of Persia)
    2 – Helena Bonham Carter – Bellatrix Lestrange; Red Harrington
    2 – Cate Blanchett – Galadriel; Irina Spalko (crummy new Indy movie)
    2 – Gary Oldman – Commissioner Gordon; Sirius Black
    2* – Hugo Weaving – Elrond; Red Skull*
    2* – Ian McKellen – Gandalf; Magneto*
    2* – Keira Knightley – Elizabeth Swann; Amidala Double#
    2* – Will Arnett – Batman (TLM); Vern*
    2* – John Rhys-Davies – Gimli; Thor (cartoons)*
    2* – Alan Ritchson – Aquaman*; Raphael*

* – unclear if minifig relates specifically to actor’s portrayal of character (or, in some cases, minifig definitely doesn’t relate – so does that count?)
    # – unclear if minifig counts, as character was a body double

THIS LIST IS SRS BIZNIS, YOU GUYS.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Okay, I’ve been perusing IMDB all morning and I’ve found some others:

John Ratzenberger – voiced Hamm (Toy Story) and Mack (Cars)* (A car is similar to a minifig, no?)
    Ben Kingsley – The Mandarin (Iron Man) and Nizam (Prince of Persia)

I’ll edit this post if I find more.

Josh
    Keymaster

in my person opinion, it doesn’t count if the fig wasn’t meant to represent the specific characterization portrayed by the actor.

Meaning, just because there is a Dr Octopus, it doesn’t mean Alfred gets the credit for the fig.

Think in terms of the hulk – we don’t give all bajillion people that played eric banner credit for the hulk. It has to be the specific characterization. As far as I know, NONE of the marvel or DC figs released were intended to represent real life representations found in shows or movies.

That opinion goes for TMNT as well. The only exception I might consider would be the joker with the new tumbler UCS to give a nod to heath ledger’s performance.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

None of the Marvel or DC released when? Are you talking about the ones this year? Then it appears that that’s true. If you’re talking about older series then that’s definitely not true.

The 2004 Spider-man sets were specific to ‘Spider-man 2’. So Alfred Molina still gets those Doc Ock’s, if not later ones. The 2002 Spider-man sets also went with the first movie. (Mega-Bloks got ‘Spider-man 3’ though, laaaaaaaaaame.)

The 2012 Avengers sets were specific to ‘The Avengers’ and the 2013 Iron Man sets were specific to ‘Iron Man 3’.

The 2013 Superman sets were specific to ‘Man of Steel.’ If they come out with another Amy Adams, we’ll definitely have two. There’s also at least a couple Batman sets that are specific to ‘The Dark Knight Rises’.

The current Guardians of the Galaxy sets are specific to the current movie.

I have read, but I no longer remember where, that the 2006/2007 Batman series was deliberately intended to represent the early 90’s animated cartoon ‘Batman: The Animated Series’. That would in fact give us two Mark Hamill’s, since he did the Joker on that show. I can’t believe I didn’t think of that before.

The Magneto I have is definitely not from an X-men movie (and it looks like the new one isn’t either). I didn’t consider it a big deal to count him as Ian McKellan but I also didn’t consider the precedent it would set or that it would open up a whole flood of questionable connections. So I could definitely backtrack on him.

I think that’s all I got. I don’t know anything about the Turtles cause I hate them.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

PS – forgot about your comment on Heath Ledger. I didn’t know he was gonna be in that set. I could be not lazy and go check, but off the top of my head I remember reading that the tumbler was created specifically for ‘Batman Begins’ and thus didn’t exist before those movies. Now I’m on brickset.com looking at a pic of the guy. That’s totally Heath Ledger, the Lego Joker’s similiarities to his portrayal are not a coincidence, that definitely counts. That one’s not even debatable. Which means that’s also Christian Bale next to him. When they do the ‘American Hustle’ Lego set, we’ll have two Bale’s, two Adam’s, two Cooper’s, and two Renner’s. Sweet.

Josh
    Keymaster

you’re right, my comment was definitely wrong. SOME have been based on movies and shows.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Think in terms of the hulk – we don’t give all bajillion people that played eric banner credit for the hulk.

Who?

As far as I know, NONE of the marvel or DC figs released were intended to represent real life representations found in shows or movies.

You sure? I’d say the 76001 Bat vs Bane Tumbler Chase is most definitely the scene from The Dark Knight Rises that was filmed at CMU, which is why I’m giving that one to Oldman, no asterisk.

Ben has already cited several other sets which are clearly linked to specific portrayals. 6868 Hulk’s Helicarrier Breakout = definitely from The Avengers. 1 point for Mark Ruffalo as Hulk. Whereas the 76017 Captain America vs Hydra set, released this year, features the Hydra grunt in green and yellow, which as far as I’ve heard was their costume in the comic books, but was not used in the CA:TFA movie (the one where Hugo Weaving played Red Skull.) Thus, as much as I love Hugo Weaving, I guess we’re saying that one doesn’t count.

Ledger doesn’t have any figs besides The Joker, though, does he? Plenty of roles in movies which *should* be LEGO sets, but I haven’t seen the Brokeback Mountain or Ten Things I Hate About You licenses just yet…

Updated list below – how we feeling about KK’s Amidala fig? Does it count? I’m leaning toward yes…

2 – Helena Bonham Carter – Bellatrix Lestrange; Red Harrington (Lone Ranger)
    2 – Cate Blanchett – Galadriel; Irina Spalko (Indy & Crystal Skull)
    2 – Gary Oldman – Commissioner Gordon; Sirius Black
    2 – John Ratzenberger – Hamm (Toy Story); Mack (Cars) (I’m counting any representation of a role in ABS form, even if it’s not *technically* a minifig)
    2 – Ben Kingsley – The Mandarin (Iron Man); Nizam (Prince of Persia)
    2* – Keira Knightley – Elizabeth Swann; Amidala Double#
    2* – Mark Hamill – Luke Skywalker; The Joker (source needed to confirm 2006-07 sets were tied to ‘Batman: The Animated Series’?)

Sad Trombone List:
    2* – Hugo Weaving – Elrond; Red Skull* (disqualified – minifig not specific to CA:TFA)
    2* – Ian McKellen – Gandalf; Magneto* (disqualified – minifig not specific to the X-Men movies)
    2* – Will Arnett – Batman (TLM); Vern* (disqualified – I don’t think the TMNT sets tie in with the 2014 Michael Bay monstrosity)
    2* – John Rhys-Davies – Gimli; Thor (cartoons)* (disqualified – proves Josh’s point though, that just playing a representation of a character doesn’t mean the minifig counts for that actor)
    2* – Alan Ritchson – Aquaman*; Raphael* (disqualified – even if we say the 2014 Michael Bay TMNT monstrosity has direct ties to the sets, the Smallville portrayal of Aquaman was clearly not specifically tied to the Aquaman minifig)

* – unclear if minifig relates specifically to actor’s portrayal of character
    # – unclear if minifig counts, as character was a body double

• This reply was modified 9 years, 8 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Tim

In my opinion, voice actors should not count because the minifig doesn’t really represent the actor (in my opinion). Also, I would count Ian McKellen as Magneto, just because he’s awesome. 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Sounds pretty subjective, Tim…

Tim

Absolutely and unequivocally subjective. Ha! 😀

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar