Hi, from Canada, Eh

Home Forums Introductions Hi, from Canada, Eh

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Simon
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I’m Simon for Toronto, Canada. Kinda weird, yes. But I happen to drive through Pittsburgh a couple of times a year and would love to try to align my schedule at some point to for a Steelcity meet/event – it’s just a short(ish) drive.

I’ve also meet some of your wonderful members before – Micah has graciously hosted me in your wonderful city this year and introduced me to the wonders of primanti bros & burgatory – so I gotta come back! And I’ve meet Matt twice, in multiple continents!

Also you guys have awesome Escape Rooms 😀

So yeah… don’t mind me stalking.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

We were talking about your trips at Micah’s graduation party in June, since there was a photo board and you showed up in at least one pic, which I believe was post-escape room.

You and I met very briefly in Chicago in 2016, you asked me if my GBC module (Powerhouse) was named after the jazz tune.

The big Q3 meeting is tomorrow, although I’m guessing you won’t be around for that.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You’re “for Toronto, Canada”, eh?

I’m against it. Ever since that jag in a Philadelphia Flyers hat cut me off in traffic and nearly killed me. -_-

But yeah, next time you’re in the Burgh, we’ll have to build some frog pods, and hide them around town / at a brewery or three! (@hacim can’t have any, he’s still too young…)

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Awww, I’m too young for frog pods? ?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yes. Frog Bombers only, until you’re 21.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Simon
    Participant

You and I met very briefly in Chicago in 2016, you asked me if my GBC module (Powerhouse) was named after the jazz tune.

The big Q3 meeting is tomorrow, although I’m guessing you won’t be around for that.

Hey Ben! I remember you and the build 🙂
    Great GBC, and now I have the song stuck in my head lol!

Yeah today was a bit of late notice, but maybe some other time!

Awww, I’m too young for frog pods? ?

You’re never too young for Frog Pods!

You’re “for Toronto, Canada”, eh?

I’m against it. Ever since that jag in a Philadelphia Flyers hat cut me off in traffic and nearly killed me. -_-

But yeah, next time you’re in the Burgh, we’ll have to build some frog pods, and hide them around town / at a brewery or three! (@hacim can’t have any, he’s still too young…)

I’m very Pro Toronto! 😉

That doesn’t sound like someone from Toronto 😛
    Yeah we should definitely do some building next time I’m in town!

Josh
    Keymaster

HI Simon,

I’m not sure if we’ve met, but I was at brickfair, va 2016 and you were probably there. I’m a big fan of your work, MOCs and charitable. Thanks for connecting. I look forward to next time you pass through town.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m very Pro Toronto!

That doesn’t sound like someone from Toronto

Yea, was just making teh jokez. Toronto’s pretty fly. I like the pointy building thing, and I’ve seen some epic concerts there! And I’m sure the hockey hall of fame is great, I just didn’t have the time to spend the money.

Yeah we should definitely do some building next time I’m in town!

Wait… did I just rope myself into a situation where I’ll be extremely ashamed of my lack of skills in the presence of an expert?? O_O

Aaaand… I love when the emoji get all ginormous when someone quotes them!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Simon
    Participant

I’m not sure if we’ve met, but I was at brickfair, va 2016 and you were probably there. I’m a big fan of your work, MOCs and charitable. Thanks for connecting. I look forward to next time you pass through town.

Hey Josh – I believe you are correct, I don’t think we officially meet, though BFVA is so huge I’m not surprised we didn’t cross paths… though disappointed Micah didn’t introduce us! Yeah hopefully I’ll be able to sneak across the border for some fun 🙂

Wait… did I just rope myself into a situation where I’ll be extremely ashamed of my lack of skills in the presence of an expert?? O_O

Aaaand… I love when the emoji get all ginormous when someone quotes them!!

Yes… yes you did. MUAHAHAHA
    Though if we need an expert, we gotta bring Micah…
    … speaking which, I totally sent him a picture of the ginormous emoji cause I also thought it was hilarious 😀

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Matt Redfield. Reason: trying to fix quote at end so Simon's comment isn't still italicized
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yes… yes you did. MUAHAHAHA
    Though if we need an expert, we gotta bring Micah…

Heh. TBH, one of my crowning achievements (which dates back to around when I was Micah’s age – like, 14 or so) has been my Spaceman Skiffs (Calvin & Hobbes pun totally intended!) Simple build, easy to replicate and modify in whatever faction colors you like. Featured prominently in this shot from our George’s World evolving display in late 2016 (the dude hovering above the BURP), and a few other skiffs off to the left of the display in other shots in this album:

GEORGE’S WORLD: LANDING

… speaking which, I totally sent him a picture of the ginormous emoji cause I also thought it was hilarious

Lulz. It’s my absolute favorite thing on the forums. Even more than the LEGO stormtroopers beating a dead horse about “tunnels with curves” (I’ll let you explore to figure out where that inside joke came from, if you’re so inclined…)

Simon
    Participant

Heh. TBH, one of my crowning achievements (which dates back to around when I was Micah’s age – like, 14 or so) has been my Spaceman Skiffs (Calvin & Hobbes pun totally intended!)

… if you think you need to link Spaceman Spiff (or Skiff) or what Calvin and Hobbes is … I have to seriously consider our friendship or be associated with this LUG in any manner.

Lulz. It’s my absolute favorite thing on the forums. Even more than the LEGO stormtroopers beating a dead horse about “tunnels with curves” (I’ll let you explore to figure out where that inside joke came from, if you’re so inclined…)

… Pittsburgh Inclined? ?

Josh
    Keymaster

I’mma build a tunnel. I’ll start working on it next Friday after work.

131110 - SCLUG @ Greenberg 24

The ice planet MOC was prebuilt by Greg. The front 3 32×32 “cave” was a project Matt built months before with help from another member.

The rest of it was supposed to be a “Mountain” with a tunnel through it.

see also – http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/the-inside-joke-thread/

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

… if you think you need to link Spaceman Spiff (or Skiff) or what Calvin and Hobbes is … I have to seriously consider our friendship or be associated with this LUG in any manner.

Let me explain… no, there is too much. Let me sum up:

I link for the n00bz, not for the elite… ? Too many times, my pop culture references go over someone’s head and add confusion, so I just ‘splain myself preemptively these days.

… Pittsburgh Inclined?

See? You’ll fit in well here!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dang, missed that Josh had replied whilst I was distracted from finishing my post.

The ice planet MOC was prebuilt by Greg. The front 3 32×32 “cave” was a project Matt built months before with help from another member.

The rest of it was supposed to be a “Mountain” with a tunnel through it.

LIES. I built the mammoth frozen in the ice.

Yes, the “Imma build a tunnel; I’ll start Friday after work” comment was my self-deprecating reference to this prior year shown in the photo Josh linked, when I ran out of time and was finishing the tunnel on-site at install (and also: someone’s train had a longer wheelbase than the Horizon Express I used to test that my internal support columns were in good locations, so someone brought down half the mountain when they ran said train through… ?) I deserve to be made fun of, sometimes… but it’s been like 5 years, and it’s still the only thing @pete ever says to me… I mean, come on!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar