Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 1,351 through 1,375 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

@playingwithechoes Definitely go for it. There are pictures that you can use in the gallery.

Josh
    Keymaster

Heads up, @joshhall, @rcgrier3406, @knb112, @amplef0rth, and @watchwmarcella.

The 2023 Brick Train Awards are live and the Lug’s spectacular city display at the Pittsburgh Home and Garden Show would certainly qualify for “Best Overall Group Display.” Do you have any photos that you’d want to submit for it on their website or would you like to me to upload any good photos I have for it as “Steel City LUG”? It’s free to enter and gets Steel City’s name put out there to other Lego fans. If the Lug wins, it gets a bunch of nice custom BrixTrix track to add to the collection. Quite frankly, your city streets and buildings were top notched and the skyscrapers definitely jaw dropping. They made my big blue Schnabel car seem small and that’s saying something. 🙂

I definitely support this effort. Not just for the LUG recognition, but I’m sure Mark from Home and Garden would love to say he has award winning displays at his event. I would think that goes for any venue or event we’re a part of.

As Krista said, check out the gallery https://www.steelcitylug.com/gallery/2/?envira_id=31964

Bob Grier
    Participant

@playingwithechoes, all of my pics from Home & Garden are posted in the Gallery under that event (on page 2). If you right click on any of the images themselves (not the border), you should get a pull-down that gives you the option to “save image as”, and it should let you save it as a .jpeg. If you have trouble, let me know.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Got your photos. I’ll submit it tonight. In about 14 hours (depends on how long it takes for them to process the entry queue), check out “Brick Train Awards” on Facebook and Twitter and be sure to leave a like as I believe that counts toward “people’s choice.”

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Great idea! I say go for it. I will look back through the photos on my phone and see what I have you can use.

Josh
    Keymaster
    Josh
    Keymaster
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

TLDR: Unless a kid from PA establishes residence in another state, they’ll have to wait until they are 16 to participate.

Longer version: the contest announcement says, “Your child must be at least 9 years old and not older than 17 years old by October 1, 2023.”

Also, “Your child will be required to apply for and hold a valid Work Permit from October 1, 2023, through the end of December 2023. The state you reside in must issue the Work Permit.”

However, “Under Pennsylvania law, no child under the age of 16 may be employed. There is an exception for a child between the ages of 12 and 14, who may serve as a golf caddy, but may only carry one golf bag and not for any longer than 18 holes in one day.”

Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General

Josh
    Keymaster

Q: I am a minor and reside in Pennsylvania; however, I will be working in another state. Where do I get a work permit?
    A: The student will need a work permit from the state in which he or she will be working. The student should contact the school district in which the employer is located in that state.

https://www.education.pa.gov/Pages/Codes%20and%20Regulations/Child-Labor-Law.aspx

• This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Josh.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> Mel brown shared this

I had trouble even scrolling to the end of the application to see how many questions there were without losing interest in it, filling it out does not sound like a good time. The two-week window for production is short compared to Lego Masters’, so I have to think that they are doing simpler challenges.

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Got the entry submitted for group display. Thanks everyone for reaching out with photos. Hope the LUG wins. 🙂

Meanwhile, I’m working on a bunch of new and awesome train projects that will be great for the next train layout show.

Also, I don’t know who else watches the Grand Tour but I have my Mitsuoka Le Seyde Lego MOC that looks exactly like what Clarkson drove in the latest episode “Euro Crash” (minus his “improvements”). Just in case if we want to put a Grand Tour reference in any layout. 😉

Dan
    Participant

I noticed Future Tenant wasn’t open for the Cultural District Gallery Crawl yesterday. Turns out they’re permanently closed and have been for some time. Guess I missed the memo, but I’m sad to see them go. Our display there was one of the events that still stands out to me.

Dan (Beast)
    Participant

I believe I have Dan Efrans @erunaamo baseplate from the Lugbulk this year. Dan, Let me know what you want me to do with it

Dan
    Participant

Does anyone have white minifig neck brackets they’re willing to trade/sell? I’d like to get four.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Who is BigBBricks?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I don’t remember the question!

A. tires
    Q. What appears more in Will’s MOCs than everyone else’s MOCs combined?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

The Brick Train Awards results are in.

For “best consist” in the Americas region, “Consist of Danger” by M.P.Lynes. So I’ll be receiving a 1×8 award brick which we can include with our future train displays with that Big Boy train and the hazardous cargo cars.

Best group/individual display went to someone else, however there was only one global winner instead of regional winners for that category. Don’t worry. I know we’re on the right track to get that one next time, as long as we keep chugging along full steam and keep working on that amazing train layout, buildings, and trains.

Thank you everyone for providing layout photos to be used in the contest. Both the BTA and the NMRA loved the entry and I’m sure they’re excited to see what we submit next year. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The Brick Train Awards results

Tte link to see all the entries and the awards is here.

Below are some screenshots from the awards video.

Incidentally, “best consist” means best entire train, as opposed to individual cars or engine types.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

To see all the group display entries for the train awards, go here.

As far as I can tell, the images below are of the display that won.

Attachments:
    Tim

For “best consist” in the Americas region, “Consist of Danger” by M.P.Lynes. So I’ll be receiving a 1×8 award brick which we can include with our future train displays with that Big Boy train and the hazardous cargo cars.

Congratulations. The train is amazing.

as long as we keep chugging along full steam

I see what you did there. 😀

PLAYINGWITHECHOES
    Participant

Thanks! 🙂 This is why they call me “Phoenix Puns.” hehehe

Greg Schubert
    Participant

My love-hate relationship with Target continues. WHY don’t they have Halloween themed polybags anymore. 🙁

Also WHY do they put these “25% off toys” signs all over the LEGO aisle and then in fine print it says “excluding LEGO”.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also WHY do they put these “25% off toys” signs all over the LEGO aisle and then in fine print it says “excluding LEGO”.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

In other news: Bluey LEGO when?!?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

In other news: Bluey LEGO when?!?

Please don’t say that in front of my daughters!

We need a full size Bluey and Bingo build. Could probably use the Bricker Build Pikachu and just turn it blue or orange.

Viewing 25 posts - 1,351 through 1,375 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar