HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Home Forums All Things LEGO! HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I could not find HP sets in stores locally yet. Btw, double VIP points ends today. Ordering two Hogwarts castles meets the threshold for the beach bag.

Tim

except there’s only 1 of Percival from fantastic beasts.

That’s OK. I’m not a completionist and I’m most interested in the HP minifigs (vs. FB minifigs). I’m not really interested in either Creedence or Percival from FB, just the four main characters (Newt mainly).

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Alrighty, if it’s okay with you then I am very much a completionist so we could prorate the box since I’d like 1 of each to complete the series. Then we can get 1 more almost complete series for you, leaving us with various figs (mainly students) left over for bob if interested.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Alrighty, if it’s okay with you then I am very much a completionist so we could prorate the box since I’d like 1 of each to complete the series. Then we can get 1 more almost complete series for you, leaving us with various figs (mainly students) left over for bob if interested.

If that means I would get the 3rd of any figs that there are 3 of in the box, then I’m definitely interested!! Like Tim, I am also more interested in the HP figs than the FB figs, but will take the ones left over after you guys fill out your “sets”. Let me know what my share is once you figure out the proration. Thx.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Tim

@hannah133 and @rcgrier3406, I am good with that. Based on the projected box breakdown posted earlier, that would be 22 figs for Hannah, 21 figs for me, and 17 for Bob. When are we getting together to open packs and sort? :-p

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Tim.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Has anyone seen a HP CMF in the wild yet?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

When are we getting together to open packs and sort? :-p

When do they come on sale/how do we even going about buying an entire box? I’d be up for another weekend trip to Pittsburgh to put in more time for panther project and then sort out some minifigs with my fav Harry Potter pals 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I have found a seller and am buying a box myself if there is anyone else interested in HP figs. Sorry I missed the earlier discussion. I snoozed and I loozed! LOL

I will take the 22 (full set) and may keep a 21 set for my son. That leaves 21 up for grabs @ ~$4 each. Let me know.

Tim

When do they come on sale/how do we even going about buying an entire box?

A few options: (i) you could buy a box at the Columbus Store; (ii) I could look for a box to buy the next time I am at a Lego Store in Virginia; (iii) we could wait for the Ross Park Mall Store to open and get a box there; (iv) find a unopened case elsewhere (Target, online, etc.).

Jim Rolfe
    Participant
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

That eBay auction is “PRE-ORDER – Ships early-mid August” and the guy has already committed to selling 88 of them!

Hannah Dow
    Participant

A few options: (i) you could buy a box at the Columbus Store;

good deal, I had thought I heard they won’t sell full boxes anymore but I’ll call to ask! Either way, I can stop by August 1st after work to pick up a box if they’ll sell me one 🙂 If not, that ebay deal might not be a bad route. Although, like Greg said, he’s already pre-sold 88 of them, who knows if he’ll actually have that many/more than that.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

A few options: (i) you could buy a box at the Columbus Store;

good deal, I had thought I heard they won’t sell full boxes anymore but I’ll call to ask! Either way, I can stop by August 1st after work to pick up a box if they’ll sell me one ? If not, that ebay deal might not be a bad route. Although, like Greg said, he’s already pre-sold 88 of them, who knows if he’ll actually have that many/more than that.

I have bought full boxes at Walmart too. They tend to empty the box onto a shelf on the floor but they also tend to have a full box in the backroom on day 1. I would try 7/31/18 before they put them out.

Just a thought and how I have gotten them before…outside TRU…God, I miss TRU!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

That eBay auction is “PRE-ORDER – Ships early-mid August” and the guy has already committed to selling 88 of them!

He is also selling them at Brickset Forum…$20 cheaper!

Hannah Dow
    Participant

2 things, first I called the LEGO store and asked about buying a whole box on Aug 1 but they said they absolutely will not do that, but perhaps target or Walmart would. I wouldn’t mind buying a box from the eBay link, just not sure if delivery time.

Second thing, R.I.P. my wallet. But it looks so pretty ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

2 things, first I called the LEGO store and asked about buying a whole box on Aug 1 but they said they absolutely will not do that, but perhaps target or Walmart would. I wouldn’t mind buying a box from the eBay link, just not sure if delivery time.

Second thing, R.I.P. my wallet. But it looks so pretty ?

Saw that this morning! Over 6000 pieces, but only 4 mini-figs, and 27 microfigs (not sure I like that, even though they’re more to scale for this set). Probably going to “troll” this one for new pieces on Bricklink or BrickOwl that I can use to enhance my gray Hogwarts rather than buy this set.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I did not expect this new Hogwarts set, I thought the great hall WAS the new castle set. I am also going to be happy to buy used sets to get the parts at a much lower price. 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Did anyone know hear this Target giveaway? https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-harry-potter-20th-anniversary-target-event/

I just discovered it today. Ugh, I was traveling anyway so I could not go to a Target. I think I will buy the instructions for Hedwig from the person who has them on eBay.

Also has anyone seen the actual Whomping Willow set yet? In this photo, it looks like there is a mechanism on the side of the tree for turning the branches.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

My ears are burning @greg! Bought the set yesterday at the Target near us (they had 2 more left on the shelf), and I’m putting it together this afternoon! The knob at the base of the tree is attached to a couple of gears and a shaft that runs up the trunk, which is then attached to a couple of round plates at the top of the tree for turning the branches on a horizontal plane. The branches themselves are attached to the round plate assembly with ball and socket joints, so you can vary the orientation of the branches, but only the top round plate assembly rotates. I’ll try to take a video of it once I’m finished.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I think I will buy the instructions for Hedwig from the person who has them on eBay.

I wouldn’t buy them, I found a LDD file for it, free! From that you can get the parts list and a decent step by step (haven’t actually looked at the instructions rendition yet thought) I can email it to you if you like 🙂

Bob, I’m in the process of building that set too! Hopefully I’ll finish it this evening.

What’s the GP for Wednesday, I can’t get to a walmart or target to ask about buying a whole box til 4pm-ish. If anyone wants to try earlier in the day just lemme know if you’re successful 🙂

Bob Grier
    Participant

What’s the GP for Wednesday, I can’t get to a walmart or target to ask about buying a whole box til 4pm-ish. If anyone wants to try earlier in the day just lemme know if you’re successful ?

Sorry Hannah, but unfortunately I can’t do anything this Wednesday. That’s the day I work/volunteer at the Science Center, and then Denise and I are going to the symphony that evening.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 9 months ago by Bob Grier.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Bought the set yesterday at the Target near us

I went there today, there was not a TRACE of Harry Potter LEGO. The clerk even checked inventory and he said it was all gone. I even looked for the small polybag with Harry, his trolley and Hedwig in a cage in the seasonal section, but had no luck. Just fake LEGO Pittsburgh Pirate sets over there. 😛

I found a LDD file for it, free! … I can email it to you if you like

Yes, please! I already put in an offer for the instructions, but maybe he will turn it down. 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I think I will buy the instructions for Hedwig from the person who has them on eBay.

I wouldn’t buy them, I found a LDD file for it, free! From that you can get the parts list and a decent step by step (haven’t actually looked at the instructions rendition yet thought) I can email it to you if you like ?

Bob, I’m in the process of building that set too! Hopefully I’ll finish it this evening.

What’s the GP for Wednesday, I can’t get to a walmart or target to ask about buying a whole box til 4pm-ish. If anyone wants to try earlier in the day just lemme know if you’re successful ?

Hannah –

Any way you can send me the LDD File?

Thanks,
    A Hopeful HP Fan. 🙂

Also, I will be looking for a full box for you all. If I find one, should I just post to you all here?

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I’ll email you all a copy tonight after work 🙂

If you find a full box, sure, you can post it here!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I’ll email you all a copy tonight after work ?

If you find a full box, sure, you can post it here!

I went to Target and Walmart in Robinson, no joy. I talked to folks putting out HP items and the guy said they cannot put out HP Lego until tomorrow? Which did not make sense to me. He said it would not even be live in their system until midnight. IDK….I may try to the one in Monacca but not till 4:30PM. Also, they had NO other Lego HP sets or Polys. Disappointing trip. 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar