Parts Inventory Program?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Parts Inventory Program?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Erin D.
    Participant

Any suggestions for a parts inventory program/app/site? I’d like to be able to plug in set number and get a parts inventory, and also manually add stuff (if I happened to buy stuff off a wall).

Thanks in advance!

Josh
    Keymaster

Brickstore

Erin D.
    Participant

Thanks!

Josh
    Keymaster

Correction, brickstock. Brickstore is defunct.

Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 4:04 PM
    To: josh@sixf00t4.com
    Subject: New reply in topic Parts Inventory Program?

Erin D. wrote:

Thanks!

Will McDine
    Participant

I find wallofbricks.com very useful. You can do the set search like you said, and also a brick search. You search the part and it will tell you what set has said part, and how much of it. Only problem is that its not updated with newer sets. Bricklink also has a function where you can find a parts list of a specific set.

David Bacon
    Participant

I like using Rebrickable. It also lets you see what other official sets and user created mocs you can make with what you have.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

#subbed

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I use Brickset

Erin D.
    Participant

I’m finally getting back to entering inventory, and I have some questions about the systems.

Unfortunately, I’m having trouble installing Brickstock, so I’ll have to come back to that one. And Bricklink is so commerce focused, I couldn’t see a way to just add my own personal sets to part out. It seemed like the only way to part was to have a store.

I like the way WallofBricks.com shows the parts qty when sets are added to your account. They only had 2 out of the first 7 sets that I tried to add, so I gave up there.

I really like the interface with BrickSet, but I can’t figure out how to see the broken out parts inventory. They break out the Minifigs, which is nice. Is there something I’m missing on this one?

I see on Rebrickable that I can pull over the sets list from BrickSet and it can run a search to tell me other things I can build with the parts I have, based on those sets, but again, I can’t figure out how to see the parts list.

Some combination of BrickSet plus WallofBricks seems like it would be awwweeesssommmmeeee.

I look forward to thoughts!

ETA – Reading is fundamental! There was a parts inventory setting on BrickSet that needed to be activated.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Erin D..
    David Bacon
    Participant

I see on Rebrickable that I can pull over the sets list from BrickSet and it can run a search to tell me other things I can build with the parts I have, based on those sets, but again, I can’t figure out how to see the parts list.

If you log in to Rebrickable, then hover on the person icon in the upperleft, you can click on “My sets”. This takes you to a list of parts you own and you can limit to loose parts or include parts in sets that you own. You can even delete parts if you know that have been lost. You can also sort by color or type.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I really like the interface with BrickSet, but I can’t figure out how to see the broken out parts inventory. They break out the Minifigs, which is nice. Is there something I’m missing on this one?

ETA – Reading is fundamental! There was a parts inventory setting on BrickSet that needed to be activated.

Hmm, I didn’t know about a setting to activate… mine always (as far as I remember) has just had a tab:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

BrickSet just pulls inventory from Rebrickable, but either way, it’s fairly useful and easy to navigate…

David Bacon
    Participant

Hmm, I didn’t know about a setting to activate… mine always (as far as I remember) has just had a tab:

That tab is for an individual set. Erin is looking to curate her own inventory and keep track of it across multiple sets.

David Bacon
    Participant

BrickSet just pulls inventory from Rebrickable, but either way, it’s fairly useful and easy to navigate…

I think Brickset pulls straight from Lego’s inventory.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I don’t wanna tell you you’re wrong, but… you’re wrong… 😛

It says right there: “…obtained from Rebrickable.com.”

Attachments:
    David Bacon
    Participant

I don’t wanna tell you you’re wrong, but… you’re wrong… ?

It says right there: “…obtained from Rebrickable.com.”

Ok, so for that particular set (since it’s 20 yrs old) they couldn’t pull the inventory from Lego.com, so it is being pulled from Rebrickable as a backup. Other sets that Lego does have the inventory for, are pulled from Lego.com and have an option to pull instead from Rebrickable.

Attachments:
    Erin D.
    Participant

Thanks for the tips! I’ll look at Rebrickable later today. There is definitely value in being able to mark pieces from sets as lost.

And to prove I’m not insane – see photos 😀

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ok, so for that particular set (since it’s 20 yrs old) they couldn’t pull the inventory from Lego.com, so it is being pulled from Rebrickable as a backup. Other sets that Lego does have the inventory for, are pulled from Lego.com and have an option to pull instead from Rebrickable.

Wait, people care about sets that aren’t 20 years old…?

That tab is for an individual set. Erin is looking to curate her own inventory and keep track of it across multiple sets.

OK, in that case, I’m just going to stop talking, because that’s a level of personal inventory management that I’ll never even attempt to handle. You kids have fun; sorry for making lame jokes and pointing fingers without even understanding the question!

Erin D.
    Participant

OK, in that case, I’m just going to stop talking, because that’s a level of personal inventory management that I’ll never even attempt to handle. You kids have fun; sorry for making lame jokes and pointing fingers without even understanding the question!

Don’t hate on the new girl, dude!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Wait, what about my comments was construed as “hating on the new girl”…? That was not my intention at all…

Erin D.
    Participant

Wait, what about my comments was construed as “hating on the new girl”…? That was not my intention at all…

LOL, just kidding 😀 This may help you understand why I didn’t mind verifying LUGBulk orders the other day 😀

Greg Schubert
    Participant

FYI, you can create a store in bricklink and keep it closed if you don’t want to sell anything. You can also “keep parts in inventory” if you want to keep the store open but not sell certain things.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

LOL, just kidding This may help you understand why I didn’t mind verifying LUGBulk orders the other day

OK, cool. Generally speaking, I make teh jokes with abandon, but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t legitimately offending you, since you’re new-ish and humor/tone (i.e. – faux anger) doesn’t always translate online.

But yeah, if you think counting is fun, then by all means, do that!

Erin D.
    Participant

FYI, you can create a store in bricklink and keep it closed if you don’t want to sell anything. You can also “keep parts in inventory” if you want to keep the store open but not sell certain things.

Thanks for the tip. I may consider that in the future, but the interface is so ugly. Brickset is much more pleasing to the eyes.

OK, cool. Generally speaking, I make teh jokes with abandon, but I wanted to make sure it wasn’t legitimately offending you, since you’re new-ish and humor/tone (i.e. – faux anger) doesn’t always translate online.

But yeah, if you think counting is fun, then by all means, do that!

No worries; I may be new to the group, but I am not new to the internet. I should have added a LOL or winky face.

Please excuse me while I sort out my new set to start building (but only after adding it to the inventory)!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

No worries; I may be new to the group, but I am not new to the internet. I should have added a LOL or winky face.

Yep, you’re right. It was totally your fault.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar