Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 501 through 525 (of 1,451 total)
  • Author
    Micah Beideman
    Participant
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I sent it to Rachel, this is exactly the kind of thing she is interested in. Unfortunately the article is short and gives no real detail on the space, and no useful photos. I’m wondering why this guy Jason Burik isn’t in Steel City LUG already though, he sounds like a good fit.

Micah Beideman
    Participant

Yeah, I was wondering why he wasn’t in the LUG as well

David Bacon
    Participant

A few friends of mine have kids in that school and sent me this photo.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

Jason is in the lug. He displayed his Heinz field at our first display at kids fest 2012.

He came to introduce himself to me when I was teaching an after school class to elementary students in Montour. He taught the class before me.

Jason has an account here, and posted a link to his site years ago. I cannot speak for his lack of presence in the lug, but I can say that his model are often cut and painted.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Jason also displayed that model of Montour Elementary at Maker Faire in October… was that 2015? 2016 we were inside, 2017 we didn’t make it… so yeah, 2015. He was set up in a different part of the event than our LUG display, but he stopped by our booth and I talked to him for a while – I think a couple others did, as well. My impression is that he’s a busy man, between his day job, his family, and working on his models of stadiums, etc., and that’s a big part of why he’s not been around many LUG activities over the years.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I did the castle, anyone want to add on?

Alright, I’m moving on to Rex’s treehouse.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I like the idea, but don’t feel like I can commit right now. #sameoldstory

Alright, I’m moving on to Rex’s treehouse.

Who’s Rex? 😉

Greg Schubert
    Participant

LOL ^X’s treehouse

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=rex#T=C

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Josh
    Keymaster

I looked at it, and grandpere’s tower would be easy enough, but I’m not sure everyone would recognize it. Same with the museum go round.

If i’d have my rathers, I’d go for sprocket’s rocking chairs, but then I lost steam knowing I couldn’t match the colors with my current inventory.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Sometimes when I go to obe of @randomdan’s Build Day parties, I bring over what I call “Dan Brick”, which is a collection of parts I know Dan uses a lot more than I will. I think it’s neat to do, maybe 20-40 *good* parts or so that I won’t miss. Make this useful, I dunno. I just do this Thing. It’s fun to give!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

If anyone cares, the new polybag at TARGET for Easter is a hotdog vendor. It is the same hotdog vendor that is in Fun in the park – City People Pack 60134-1. There is also a FRIENDS polybag set with a street hockey theme … or something.

Sean Collins
    Participant

I found this one at walmart it comes with the new modified stud with 3 leaves

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Has anyone heard about Bricks for a Cure? https://bricksforacure.org/why-legos/

A colleague asked me about donating their LEGO parts to a good cause, but I don’t know anything about this, so I suggested taking their parts to the Science Center.

Sean Collins
    Participant

@greg i sent you an email

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Another idea for those 2×2 round gold tiles is below. Its part of the model of a certain German building with a wavy roof. Of course, whenever you get a huge number of the same piece, you often have to acquire huge numbers of other pieces to use them. 😛

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Any idea for those 2×2 round gold tiles is below.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I plan to sell a bunch of red 45 degree slopes that I bought for making roofs, (back when red was about the only slope color that you could get in large quantities. Maybe most of the buildings in Denmark have red roofs.) Anyway, if anyone is interested in these, please let me know, because I’ll be uploading them to my bricklink sales inventory soon.

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

The 50th Anniversary of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood is this year. It seems like we ought to do something related to that. Josh has already taken care of modeling inside his house. Someone else has already built Trolley, right?

Has someone already built the Trolley? I started playing around with building one over the weekend. Figure it would fit right in with any Trolley Museum display, plus be a good addition to any amusement park display we end up doing this summer.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I think there is one floating around that Laura or Tom made. I have one, but I don’t think it looks as good as theirs.

Attachments:
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Maybe most of the buildings in Denmark have red roofs

Red/brown, from what I saw… mostly brown…

Tom Frost
    Participant

I think there is one floating around that Laura or Tom made

Laura has a Mister Rodgers’ trolley

Bob Grier
    Participant

I think there is one floating around that Laura or Tom made

Laura has a Mister Rodgers’ trolley

Thanks Tom. I decided to build it anyway, so we’ll have two!! Still a work in progress, with the black and gray substituted until I get the red pieces I need, and tires for now until I get the train wheel sets. And of course, I still need to add the “Neighborhood Trolley” lettering to the top yellow tiles! Plan is to motorize it as well.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Not finding a ToysRUs closing thread, I’ll post here. I went to North Hills and they had about three dozen copies each of only three LEGO items. Basically, the shelves were barren.

The purple Batgirl Alarm clock (11.99), the Finn blockhead (5.99) and a Bionicle style StarWars character (8.99), about a foot tall. There were also a bzillion LEGO dimension Chima sets (5.99) in the electronics section.

From the label on the shelf it seems like they must have had a bunch of SuperHero high school sets for about $21. I got a roll of the faux LEGO tape in black for $4.49 with tax, although I have no idea what I’ll do with it.

Tim

I was at the Cranberry TRU on Saturday. Shelves of Lego (and most other toys) were still pretty stocked. Discount was only 5%. Until they start to get to 40-50% off, I’m not interested.

I’m guessing that since this TRU as not on the initial cut list (before they announced total liquidation), that it has not yet been picked over. It seems like the stores which were on the initial cut list got the jump on clearing out inventory.

Viewing 25 posts - 501 through 525 (of 1,451 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar