Threadjacking

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Threadjacking

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 1,453 total)
  • Author
    Pete
    Participant

Why don’t you call them and talk to customer service.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I am struggling with policy changes over which customer service has no control. Also, I originally opened the account in my wife’s name and they won’t talk to me about it.

There has to be an alternative to using PayPal.

David Bacon
    Participant

Greg, see this article:
    https://www.thebalancesmb.com/alternatives-to-paypal-while-using-ebay-1140112

And this post on eBay’s website:
    https://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-sell-on-ebay-without-using-Paypal-/10000000001394632/g.html

As far as Bricklink, there are other payment options, such as Google pay, Stripe, and others. You can find them in your settings on your store.

I still use PayPal, but I haven’t run into the same issues that you are encountering.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by David Bacon.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I still use PayPal, but I haven’t run into the same issues that you are encountering.

But you did change your account to PayPal cash or something, right? Maybe you didn’t have the same qualms that I have about giving them the information that they requested.

David Bacon
    Participant

But you did change your account to PayPal cash or something, right? Maybe you didn’t have the same qualms that I have about giving them the information that they requested.

I did give them my ssn to continue using their newly named PayPal Cash account.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Greg!! I am having the exact same issue. I did indeed call customer service and they said my account was listed as a “Paypal Business”. I think I switched it over to that when Bricklink went to the autopayment if you had a marketplace account. Now, I am supposed to provide documents showing the business name and Tax ID on them…which I for sure don’t have, nor do I want to put up those docs online just like you said, asking for Identity Theft. So, I’ve temporarily closed my BL store, transferred my money outta paypal and into my bank and now I think I’ll be closing the Paypal account and trying to open a new one. Hopefully that way I can get to this Paypal Cash account…?

Josh
    Keymaster

Anyone have a 40106 Toy Workshop – Limited Edition 2014 Holiday Set (1 of 2) they want to sell for $22?

I sold one on bricklink and it arrived to the buyer damaged. He’s sending it back to me and I told him I’d see if anyone else had a good one. @philmatt24

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=40106-1

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

My spreadsheet says I do have 2 copies, but I’d have to go look and I can’t until later tonight…

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also: the website/forums are different. I don’t like it.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Also: the website/forums are different. I don’t like it.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

BOOOOO blocked embedding… anyway,

https://youtu.be/WAXzP9mktow?t=91

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

The new website looks nice. But how am I supposed to log in? There are no login fields on the home page that I am able to find. Or anywhere else. The only way I’ve found to do it is find a post that had an attached file and click on the link in the ‘You must be logged in to view attached files’. Other statements about ‘You must be logged in’ don’t have the link.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Did you ever spell something incorrectly and change the meaning of what you were trying to say?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

Well, I suppose that could have been more graphic.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Too real:

“Batman’s not in The Matrix!”

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

“the moral is: ‘you should play with your sister… with LEGO brand products!”

Tim

Houston Brick Club (LUG) is working on a microscale replica of the City of Houston. I know we have casually kicked around such an idea for Pittsburgh (a bit more involved with all the hills, the rivers, and not a square grid layout). These renderings are inspiring me to think a lot more about doing something like this. Hmmm.

Attachments:
    Tim

On a different topic, I received in the mail the upcoming Greenberg’s train show schedule. There are three scheduled shows in Monroeville.

July 20-21 is the summer show. Let me know if anyone is interested I can process the submission form. I personally can not participate in the July show.

November 9-10 is the fall show. I presume we do want to do this one again (for about the 6th year in a row) and I will be submitting the submission form.

The last scheduled show is the Winter show February 22-23, 2020. We’ve done this one once or twice so let me know if you are interested.

Josh
    Keymaster

Greenberg should be a new thread, Tim. Not everyone reads here.

As far as the micro scale, pgh street grid would be the first struggle to lay out.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Are you new here, @timf…?

Houston Brick Club (LUG) is working on a microscale replica of the City of Houston. I know we have casually kicked around such an idea for Pittsburgh (a bit more involved with all the hills, the rivers, and not a square grid layout). These renderings are inspiring me to think a lot more about doing something like this. Hmmm.

I have only been saying we need to do this for seven. years.

As far as the micro scale, pgh street grid would be the first struggle to lay out.

In this day and age, with the abundance of tiles / studded tiles, not to mention the Nexo-hex or whatever that 60-degree angle part is called, I really think the people who brought you a hexagonal LEGO Settlers of Catan board should be up to the challenge, should they put their minds to it…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The city map idea is appealing. What if you started with just “the point” and started with a printed map of the city, then enlarged it until you achieved a suitable size? For example, a “typical” block could be 4 studs by 4 studs.

Tim

Yes, I debated about starting a new thread. I did not want to start one for each of the three shows, especially since we likely will not do the July show. I will start a new thread soon regarding the November show.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

<< especially since we likely will not do the July show.

I would think so too, that’s an awfully short turnaround time. When we did the show in 2015 and 2018, they came together fairly quickly, but we’d still decided we were doing it at Q2. I won’t be available for this one.

I don’t remember the group ever doing a February show. When did that happen? Ben’s best guess would be 2016. But I’ve never seen pics or even heard about it.

Bob Grier
    Participant

I also like the microscale Pittsburgh layout idea, so count me in to help with this. Last year for the Q3 LUG awards, I did a small version (16×16 baseplate) with just 5 buildings for Tom Frost’s “Logomeister” award for the new LUG logo. I still have the prototype, which has morphed a little since then but could be used as a place to start. For info these buildings were all 4 studs square, and the 3-sided US Steel/UPMC Building was 4 studs on a side.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have not been on eBay since April. I selected a Buy it Now and two unusual things happened. There was no second step of actually paying with PayPal and there was TAX. :/

Viewing 25 posts - 701 through 725 (of 1,453 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar