Time Aplenty

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Time Aplenty

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

I figure with the pandemic going on many of us are home for various reasons with plenty of time on our hands. I thought it would be cool to start a thread and see how people are dealing with the newfound free time?

I’ll be renovating the house and working on getting a dedicated Lego room set up. I probably won’t build anything ambitious for the next few weeks, though I’ll probably break out a few old Blacktron sets.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Two weeks ago I bought a 35 pound box of parts of sets all mixed together. I sorted the parts by type and started trying to recreate the sets from the parts available. Its a good activity when you have lots of time, otherwise I wouldn’t recommend it.

Next is going to be sorting technic pieces, and then I hope to work on a Budweiser style Clydesdale wagon, a pumpkin space station for next Fall’s brick conference and a couple of ideas for displaying LEGO cars.

Will McDine
    Participant

A majority of my time has been spent at work. The whole COVID-19 stuff has the hospital pretty busy especially over the last week. During what little free time I have had been spent sorting. I too will be moving into a new house later this year so sorting will definitely make the impending move that much easier

Skipper Mike
    Participant

I already worked from home, but now my daughter is home with me all day and I have less free time. She’s pretty good about letting me work, but as soon as I’m done she has all kinds of pent up energy and wants to play with me.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

but as soon as I’m done she has all kinds of pent up energy and wants to play with me.

The one regret I have in my life is not spending more time with my kids when they were young. Cherish the time while you can.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Has someone written lyrics for this yet?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

I don’t think so, but it’s a nice challenge while we’re home!

Dan
    Participant

I found the actual lyrics here:

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/teganandsara/everythingisawesome.html

Should be a good starting point.

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I have a 1 and 3 year old…..what free time!?!? When does daycare start again!? 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

anyone have any interest in building life for the facebook stream? I had someone suggest it would be a fun way to engage adults or even kids building during the day. wouldn’t have to be very interactive. I had the thought of doing a fundraiser for a build marathon, someone keeps the stream going for 24 hours or something.

it’s an idea anyway. either a one time fundraiser, a daytime ‘learn and build’ or even just a evening/night build event.

Skipper Mike
    Participant

It’s a neat idea. I’m still at work full time, so I couldn’t help with a 24 hour stream.

Josh
    Keymaster

Lug HQ is planning on making a delivery of precious goods to McCandless this Wednesday. If there’s anything the northern contingent wants from lug inventory to be productive during quarantining, let me know! I’m fine to leave stuff on porches, or leave things on mine for you. I’m all about taking advantage of the opportunities we have, and if you have a desire to work on some ballasts, mils, rebuild the ravine, the docks, etc, let me know.

I do hope you’re all staying well and staying healthy and happy otherwise!

Tom Frost
    Participant

If there’s anything the northern contingent wants from lug inventory

well…since you asked…

I am interested in set 42110 (How many cups?)

also set 60044 “mobile police unit”

also I need loads of light bluish grey wedge plates – all sizes for terrain of a space build I’m working on.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

That is an intense model that I did not even know existed. 🙂

Phil Breneman
    Participant

If there’s anything the northern contingent wants from lug inventory

well…since you asked…

also set 60044 “mobile police unit”

also I need loads of light bluish grey wedge plates – all sizes for terrain of a space build I’m working on.

@pete
    , can you assign cup values to the new sets on the inventory sheet? They are all at the bottom in green. Or you can share your secret formula and I can do it.

Bob Grier
    Participant

Lug HQ is planning on making a delivery of precious goods to McCandless this Wednesday. If there’s anything the northern contingent wants from lug inventory to be productive during quarantining, let me know!

Again, since you asked . . . . Don’t know what’s in LUG inventory, but I could use any light bluish gray tile or curved slopes (all sizes) that we have. I’ve made a lot of progress on the “Starship Enterprise” that I’ve been working on for the past year or so, but the “finishing touches” are chewing thru a lot of tile and curved slopes.

I can meet you somewhere in the north if that helps, just text me. Thx!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Can someone PLEEEASE explain to me how they judge these LEGO contests?!?!? I did not participate, nor do I know anyone who participated but still I feel robbed. There were probably a gazillion entries, but just look in the image below at 8 entries and see who won and who did not win. What the Megablock!

Attachments:
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

What exactly was the contest about?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

The contest was called,

“REPLICATE YOUR HEROIC MINIFIGURES IN BATTLE!”

https://ideas.lego.com/challenges/57d9396c-47d8-42aa-8269-05bf6fd6118e?query=&sort=top

Bob Grier
    Participant

Any Trekkies out there?? This has been on my “list” of MOC’s I wanted to build for some time. While I started this well over a year ago, the addition time on my hands since “stay at home” went into effect definitely helped get this across the finish line. Took a number of iterations to get the profile correct, to figure out how to build and support the dish without the whole thing falling over (or falling apart!), and to build and support the nacelles, but I finally worked all those things out. Still some details that I want to address, but it’s “done enough” now to show and I’m pretty happy with the end result! Beam me up Scotty!

Thanks to @tcsbgdady for loaning me the instruction book from his Mega Bloks model. While it didn’t solve specific issues, it did help generate some ideas. And thanks to @joshhall for the infusion of curved slopes last week, which helped me finish up.

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Another view.

Attachments:
    Bob Grier
    Participant

Last one!

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@rcgrier3406….WOW! Great job!

Those pylons look great and the angle looks spot on!

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hey Bob, the Enterprise looks awesome! You are going to have to make a sign for shows that says, “It is not a set.”

I can see several structural challenges you had to overcome, especially making a big round dish. Did you use any Millennium Falcon features to make that happen?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar