Q2 2023 Build Challenge – Reef Madness!

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! Q2 2023 Build Challenge – Reef Madness!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    Participant

Having marveled at @brickbreaker4life’s massive reef at Brickfest and the Ross Park Mall, recently having an underwater themed Cranberry Library display, and just now seeing this Lego Minecraft reef on Reddit I think a reef-themed build challenge would be fun – any depth, any time period, any planet!

Maybe we can do this for Q2 @joshhall?

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Dan.
    Josh
    Keymaster

change the thread title, and either judge or find someone to judge. I don’t think anyone else claimed a Q2 challenge yet, so should be all set.

Dan
    Participant

Any volunteers to judge?

Mitch
    Participant

Should we make it like the micropolis build where there are modules so they can all connect? I like the idea either way

Dan
    Participant

I thought about that. It may limit creativity for this one since people may want to include sea surfaces of different heights and the sea floors may vary due to caves or cliffs.

That said people could collaborate to make compatible modules!

Cameron Kennedy
    Participant

Sorry I’ve been a little behind. When is the next meeting? Also doing a reef build would be a ton of fun!!

Dan
    Participant

The next meeting will be Q1 on March 25th. This build challenge will be for Q2 which is currently unscheduled.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Q1 has been over for a couple weeks and we’re now actually into Q2, and somebody has pointed out on Discord that we don’t know when the Q2 meeting is. I’m not able to find a Q2 2023 thread. Am I just not finding it or do we need to get on that? @joshhall @knb112

Krista K

I was personally waiting to see when Q2 AFOL Day was, and I’m just saw it confirmed for 6/24. If we want to do a North meeting, we can do it that day.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

June 24th works for me.

Cameron Kennedy
    Participant

I would be willing. If I judge, can I still bring a display for fun? Do we have guidelines on size and stuff? Also June 24th sounds good.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I think a reef-themed build challenge would be fun

IDK about this idea …

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dan
    Participant

I would be willing. If I judge, can I still bring a display for fun? Do we have guidelines on size and stuff? Also June 24th sounds good.

You’re always welcome to bring something to share – judge or not!

I don’t think we need any formal constraints – whatever goes!

Dan
    Participant

IDK about this idea …

Lego’s already way ahead of us on this one

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Have Snoop Dogg, Cheech, and Chong joined the LUG yet…?

Cameron Kennedy
    Participant

You’re always welcome to bring something to share – judge or not!

I don’t think we need any formal constraints – whatever goes!

sweet! ill keep an eye out for the official date!

JR
    Participant

I’m new here and would like to participate in the challenge… is this officially the one for Q2? How much time is left?

Where can I find info about future challenges?

Krista K

I’m new here and would like to participate in the challenge… is this officially the one for Q2? How much time is left?

Welcome! Yes, this is officially the build challenge for Q2. You have until the Q2 meeting (June 24th). That’s where we’ll bring them all together and judge the winner.

Where can I find info about future challenges?

We don’t have anything formal. Usually we come up with them at the meeting or just before, but if you have an idea for a challenge, certainly post it for the Q3 one.

JR
    Participant

Thank you!

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make the Q2 meeting, but I may still participate just for fun. Can I tag the Settel CityLUG Instagram page?

Krista K

Unfortunately, I won’t be able to make the Q2 meeting, but I may still participate just for fun. Can I tag the Settel CityLUG Instagram page?

You can certainly still participate even if you can’t make the meeting. Just post your pics in this thread. We’ll also be streaming the meeting on Discord, so you can share there if you’re able to attend virtually.

JR
    Participant

What’s the discord code?

Derek stokan
    Participant

I am interested in going. I’m going to Dave Matthews Band this Friday so it could work.

Anyone on here live in the south hills(Banksville, Dormont, etc.) ? Jw if I could catch a ride. Really think this group would be just what I need.

I’m halfway done with the gringotts I created from old diagon alley. Best that
    I could do with the pieces I have for now.
    SHIRE is done and just built FINAL Hogwarts battle to connect castle.
    Also got first two new Indiana Jones sets.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Bob Grier
    Participant

I’ve added pics from the Q2 Build Challenge to the Gallery. To access them, click on the “Gallery” tab at the top right corner of any page, and then click “2023-06 Q2 Build Challenge”.

For those who couldn’t attend, the winner was @jrosie for her “Deep in the Reef”, followed by @argonvesher 2nd and @cybladez101 3rd! Also submitting entries were @kacierno and @watchwmarcella.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar