Squirrel Apocalypse Collaborative

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Squirrel Apocalypse Collaborative

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Renée
    Participant

Here we shall plan the Squirrel Apocalypse Collaborative. Thanks to @bengood921 for the title.

So far I only have two squirrels, and three acorns, from the LEGO CITY Picnic in the Park. They’ve already been incorporated into my Kleenex Box Q1 Challenge build, but I’ll probably have to pull them out temporarily for my Home & Garden show MOC. I don’t really buy a lot of sets, BrickLink has been my goto for a lot of parts.

Things are looking good so far in LUGBULK for the squirrels, but not so good for the acorns.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Subbed, I’ll post more later…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I have no idea what this means, but my interest is piqued!

Renée
    Participant

Also, given the enthusiasm of all the squirrel talk, I had been assuming that everybody was planning on ordering hundreds of squirrels each, for some sort of Squirrel Apocalypse collaborative. I was looking forward to seeing it.

While I wasn’t thinking of buying squirrels in the hundreds, I was thinking about getting dozens to populate a Squirrel Hill MOC. With about micro scale-ish sized buildings on the hill that would be recognizable Squirrel Hill landmarks, and of course the Squirrel Hill tunnels, hopefully with enough acorns squirrelled away that even Smaug would be envious.

A collaboration of Squirrel MOCs would be even more awesome…

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Renée.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

>> I was thinking about getting dozens to populate a Squirrel Hill MOC. With about micro scale-ish sized buildings

That sounds pretty cool. It is not what I had in mind when I proposed Squirrel Apocalypse on the other thread, but I also didn’t propose it with any kind of seriousness or plan, and I don’t actually plan to buy any squirrels myself.

I did have it in mind as something like a sequel to ‘The Birds’. It could have a badass tagline like “Alfred Hitchcock presents… ‘The Birds 2: Squirrels’. This time it’s squirrels.” Then we’d just count the days til it appears on MST3K.

After my original post, though, I was thinking about it some more, and it occurred to me how you guys really could do a minifig-scale Squirrel Apocalypse as a side project, if you were so inclined. I remember seeing a Beyond the Brick video – I’d have to search for it but I might be able to find it – where a group did a zombie apocalypse. But they didn’t build their zombie apocalypse build from scratch. Instead, if I’m remembering correctly, they took their usual town/train display that they used on a regular basis, somehow acquired a bunch of zombies, and then dressed up the town as a zombie invasion as a one-off for a single event. They had the townspeople fleeing, and barricades and tanks, and stuff destroyed by zombies down on the street, but because they used their existing build, the amount of custom work required was minimal, and after they were done, it was easily converted back to the regular town/train display for the next event. In this scenario you’d just have to replace zombies with squirrels. Although I don’t know what’s currently available with regard’s to Steel City LUG’s town/train supply, I certainly haven’t helped things by taking apart my park years ago and not yet rebuilding it.

Renée
    Participant

The squirrel hordes would be happy to participate in an actual apocalypse. If I made a squirrel on the same scale as my chicken, we could have Gamera Squirrel!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Incidentally, “Squirrel Apocalypse Collaborative” would a great name for a post-indie folk-punk eco-terrorist shoegaze dadrawk band…

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

With more than a week to go to place our orders, the LUG already collectively has 590 squirrels in the order columns. That sounds like a pretty decent amount for Squirrelpocalypse.

Tim

If I made a squirrel on the same scale as my chicken, we could have Gamera Squirrel!

So let it be written; so let it be done. I am excited to see a giant squirrel overlord!

Incidentally, “Squirrel Apocalypse Collaborative” would a great name for a post-indie folk-punk eco-terrorist shoegaze dadrawk band…

Dave Berry vibes here. 🙂

Renée
    Participant

We’re at 725 squirrels tonight!

I can neither confirm nor deny that advance scouts were spotted in the vicinity of the greenhouse this evening.

Attachments:
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

If I made a squirrel on the same scale as my chicken

like this?

Renée
    Participant

like this?

Wow, that squirrel is giving me Minecraft flashbacks!

I plan on using slopes and SNOT again. And while the dark orange squirrel is my favorite of the colors, I suspect that it would be the most expensive to build (if the parts were even available). Light bley is probably the way to go…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

How many of these should we order?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 2 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    Renée
    Participant

like this?

That squirrel gives me Minecraft flashbacks!

Attachments:
    Renée
    Participant

This squirrel that @greg posted gives me Minecraft flashbacks!

Attachments:
    Renée
    Participant

Does the forum dislike quoting and attaching pictures in the same post? I’d made my original reply quoting greg and including the squirrel yesterday and it just disappeared.

I plan on using slopes and SNOT techniques for my giant squirrel overlord.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

For those somehow still unaware, the total number of squirrels ended up at 800. I want to see a display that uses all 800. And I want that display to be covered on Beyond the Brick, so when Hanlon asks ‘Do you know how many squirrels are in the display’, Renee can say ‘At least 800.’

Renée
    Participant

Greg has cookies on the brain. First squirrel cookies, now cookie tables. Not only would his bridge make a stand out cookie table decoration, it would look quite awesome with a hundred squirrels swarming it.

For those who like stats, there were 300 dark orange squirrels, 250 black and 250 light bley. Before I evened out the numbers, they were 280, 236 and 246. So dark orange was the most popular, and black the least. This means that those black squirrels will be showing up with a bad attitude, and I wouldn’t be surprised if some of them formed their own exclusive groups like bands of ninjas or rabid rodent regiments.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I assume that when the squirrels begin their uprising, they will start by taking over this tree and the surrounding area. Then they can build their temples around it and bow before it in worship.

Pic one click here

Pic two click here

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I assume that when the squirrels begin their uprising, they will start by taking over this tree and the surrounding area. Then they can build their temples around it and bow before it in worship.

Pic one click here

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

I had to break them up or the site rejected my post.

Pic two click here

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Dave Berry vibes here.

We need to start making memes where we superimpose Tim and Greg’s faces on Captain America saying “I understood that reference” for situations such as these…!

For those somehow still unaware, the total number of squirrels ended up at 800. I want to see a display that uses all 800. And I want that display to be covered on Beyond the Brick, so when Hanlon asks ‘Do you know how many squirrels are in the display’, Renee can say ‘At least 800.’

“A scurry…”

Greg Schubert
    Participant

this tree

Where does this person live? I should probably pack up all my parts and give them to this person.

Tim

We need to start making memes where we superimpose Tim and Greg’s faces on Captain America saying “I understood that reference” for situations such as these…!

Hilarious! And… I understood that reference! 😀

Renée
    Participant

Pic one click here

Giant acorns, sweet!

The home & garden show has been great for getting LEGO work done and hanging out with LUG members. Even got started on the giant squirrel-

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar