Greetings

Home Forums Introductions Greetings

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ildefonso Zanette
    Participant

Hello fellow AFOLs,

My name is Ildefonso (or Fonzie for short) and I’m a LEGO fan from Brazil. For the last year, I’ve been living 50% of my time here in Pittsburgh, 49% in Brazil and 1% in between the two countries. 🙂
    I’m working on a new steel plant in New Kensington and probably will stay on this project for another year or so.
    I’m one of the founders of our national LUG (LUG Brasil) and had the honor to be the first LEGO Ambassador of it.

My interests in terms of LEGO are very eclectic: They range from Mindstorms to Castle. Here are some of my MOCs:

Bomb Factory:

Train Station:

Western Train Station:

Sumo Robot (2nd place at Brickworld 2015):

Light Printer:

Would love to meet other LUG members from the area and attend/help with events while I’m here.

Leg Godt!

Ildefonso

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome, Ildefonso! It would be great to meet you and talk about your experiences with your LUG in Brasil, and also as an Ambassador!

I don’t know if you’ve explored our forums yet (there is a lot to take in, for sure), but we’ll actually be at Maker Faire tomorrow and Sunday, and if you have some free time and want to come meet some of us and hang out at a cool event, please do! It’s at Allegheny Center on the North Side (pretty close to the stadiums). The information is on this thread:

http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/maker-faire-oct-11-12/

If you have that light printer robot and wanted to bring it, that could be a big hit, although our booth is small and I’m not sure how easy it would be to demonstrate in an outdoor daylight setting (we are under a tent, but it will still be pretty bright outside.)

Ildefonso Zanette
    Participant

Hello Matt,

we’ll actually be at Maker Faire tomorrow and Sunday, and if you have some free time and want to come meet some of us and hang out at a cool event, please do!

Wow, this seems really fun! I can’t go today but definitively will go tomorrow. Thanks for the invitation!

If you have that light printer robot and wanted to bring it, that could be a big hit, although our booth is small and I’m not sure how easy it would be to demonstrate in an outdoor daylight setting (we are under a tent, but it will still be pretty bright outside.)

Unfortunately, this robot is in Brazil, but I have some of my Mindstorms things here and I will take them with me tomorrow.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

These buildings rock! Josh you can have Adam, my man crush is on Fonzie. 🙂 I am so looking forward to having you collaborate with us.

Josh
    Keymaster

Josh you can have Adam, my man crush is on Fonzie.

lol.

Great meeting you today! Are you alone when you’re here or do you have family in the area? Where are you from in brazil? I have a close friend who married a girl from Brazil and she moved her when they got married.

Anthony McMillen
    Participant

Hello, everyone. My name is Anthony. I’m new here. I like LEGO (surprise). Someone pointed out this group to me, so I joined. However, I’m not entirely certain how this group rolls. Any advice?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

However, I’m not entirely certain how this group rolls. Any advice?

Well, typically, we climb to the top of a hill, curl into a ball, and just kind of lean until gravity kicks in…

Sorry. But seriously, you’re off to a good start! Chat on the forums, keep an eye out for upcoming events (there are a LOT in the next month or so – every weekend there’s something going on), come out to something and meet people, bring a MOC (My Own Creation) if you have one handy, and you’re off to the races! We’re pretty easygoing (just don’t use knockoff bricks!) and participation is when, where, and how you want to. Check out the Barnes & Noble Architecture event this Saturday, Youngstown Library event next Sat 10/24, Castle Shannon Fire Department display on 11/1, and Greenberg Toy & Train show on 11/7-8! Then we have a short break before Santa Trolley rounds out our fall/holiday season.

Oh, and for those not doing a B&N event (or before / after it), people will be meeting at Josh’s house for a LUG workday this Saturday as well.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Dan
    Participant

Nice to meet you, Fonz!

Ildefonso Zanette
    Participant

These buildings rock! Josh you can have Adam, my man crush is on Fonzie. :) I am so looking forward to having you collaborate with us.

Hello Greg, glad you like my MOCs. It was great to meet you meet you and I’m also looking forward to collaborate with your displays.

Josh you can have Adam, my man crush is on Fonzie.

lol.

Great meeting you today! Are you alone when you’re here or do you have family in the area? Where are you from in brazil? I have a close friend who married a girl from Brazil and she moved her when they got married.

It was great to meet you too Josh. I had a lot of fun participating of the maker Faire and enjoyed seeing those fantastic MOCs that were in the display.

I have two boys that are on school age, so it’s difficult for them to come here with me. I’m planning to bring them here for a family vacation (of course, Legoland is on the top of my list for a possible place to visit). We live in São Paulo, the biggest (and most chaotic) city in South America.

Nice to meet you, Fonz!

It was a pleasure to meet you too Dan.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hello Greg, glad you like my MOCs.

I was not at Maker Faire, but I did create the yellow bridge. As someone who has been specializing in buildings, I appreciate the realism and the detail in your factory and train station.

One project idea that I acquired parts for but haven’t started is “the claw.” Would you be interested in collaborating?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Greg Schubert wrote:
    These buildings rock! Josh you can have Adam, my man crush is on Fonzie. I am so looking forward to having you collaborate with us.

I like how the emoji got bigger when Fonzie quoted Greg’s post. And I want to see if it grows exponentially with each re-quote…

One project idea that I acquired parts for but haven’t started is “the claw.” Would you be interested in collaborating?

Oh noes! I’ve been replaced! Not that I have any special expertise that would help make this a reality, anyway…

Ildefonso Zanette
    Participant

I was not at Maker Faire, but I did create the yellow bridge. As someone who has been specializing in buildings, I appreciate the realism and the detail in your factory and train station.

Sorry for the confusion, so many new faces to match with so many new avatars and nicknames!

Your bridge is impressive. You got all the key elements of Pittsburgh in a single MOC and at the same time it is a great “banner” to identify the LUG.

That’s a really good project that I’d like to participate. I don’t know how far you are in this project, but I think we should start creating the claw itself. This will determine the weight that we need to support in the XY bars. Are you planning to use pneumatic parts of PF motors?

Regards,

Ildefonso

Greg Schubert
    Participant
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar