Santa Trolley 2015 – PA Trolley Museum

Home Forums LUG discussions Santa Trolley 2015 – PA Trolley Museum

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Laura
    Participant

Sorry I’ve been so quiet lately folks, I’m really bad at keeping in touch so I apologize ahead of time if I don’t respond to questions or comments immediately. Wait, this seems like Deja vu all over again…

Anyway,

Santa trolley will take place on 28-30 November, and 6-7, 13-14 December. Since it’s getting close to that time of year again and I just wanted to let everyone know that the museum really enjoys our display and wants us back. I’m getting started a little later then I did last year, but I think we’re coordinating as we have in past years with the Greenberg display, so I’m not too worried about it.

Setup will take place the weekend prior, November 21 & 22. As with last year I will be available both days, so if there is anyone that cannot make it one day, they can come the other.

Winter LEGOland is the theme once again, It’s Santa trolley so it seems only appropriate. However, we cannot forget that we are working with LEGOs here and in LEGO world EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!! So, as with previous years, I am not opposed to people bringing MOCs or things outside of the standard “town/city” theme.

It’s September 22nd, lets get this rolling. Feel free to post ideas and I’ll start formulating a plan for the layout.

Thank you for your attention!

Pete
    Participant

I want a doodle.

Tim

I was just thinking about Santa Trolley earlier this week so perfect timing, Laura.

Setup will take place the weekend prior, November 21 & 22.

Just like last year, I am planning on coming right from Cranberry First Night (which will end around 2:00 pm on Saturday, November 21) and bring everything right down to the Museum. Greenberg to Cranberry to Trolley Museum (oh my).

Last year we had a bit of an unusual layout. Are we going with something like that again or more of a traditional rectangle?

Laura
    Participant
    Tim

Is the display open on November 21 and 22? I was thinking those were set up days, not display days. But there are shifts on the Doodle. Inquiring minds want to know.

Nick Chen
    Participant

Lisa and I will be there. We will definitely bring our Holiday Train.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Nick Chen.
    Laura
    Participant

Is the display open on November 21 and 22? I was thinking those were set up days, not display days. But there are shifts on the Doodle. Inquiring minds want to know.

Those are setup days, I just put in 2 shifts for each day to get a feel for who’s going to show up when.

Tim

Those are setup days, I just put in 2 shifts for each day to get a feel for who’s going to show up when.

OK, got it. Thank you! I will add my name to the Doodle (for now, I can only commit to the set up and tear-down times).

Laura
    Participant

Can I get some input from folks about what they’re bringing? Buildings mainly so I can plan areas on the layout.

I saw Nick and Lisa are bringing their holiday train.

Tim

I’ll have a “downtown” area at least 4×4 baseplates minimum.

Laura
    Participant

I’ll have a “downtown” area at least 4×4 baseplates minimum.

Question 1: Can it be like 2×8 or does it have to be 4×4? If it’s 4×4, is there room on the outside to let a track pass or does will it take up the whole width of a table?

Question 2: Does that 4×4 include the Santa HQ? Or is there no HQ…?

Edit: additional question

• This reply was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Laura.
    Josh
    Keymaster

I like the way Laura thinks

Tim

Question 1: Can it be like 2×8 or does it have to be 4×4? If it’s 4×4, is there room on the outside to let a track pass or does will it take up the whole width of a table?
    Question 2: Does that 4×4 include the Santa HQ? Or is there no HQ…?

1. I’m fairly flexible on this. I don’t believe any one building will be more than 48 studs deep.
    2. That does not include the Santa HQ (which is 4×4 itself). It still exists and can be brought if desired.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I would be willing to contribute my stuff that’s going to be at Greensburg to travel both to Cranberry nights and this trolley display and I may actually be available that weekend to help set up!

Laura
    Participant

I would be willing to contribute my stuff that’s going to be at Greensburg to travel both to Cranberry nights and this trolley display and I may actually be available that weekend to help set up!

Woot! The more the merrier!

I have the prelim layouts attached here. As with previous years I have a large Santa area planned. I am running under the assumption that we will have Greg’s candy factory, stables and Christmas tree, but I haven’t heard from him to know if they’re available.

I also have added a monorail track if Dan would be willing to contribute in that department.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Which side will be towards the public? I’m assuming for the moment that the entry door is on the “upper left” by the Tree Farm.

Pete
    Participant

Will Mr. McFeeley be there?

Laura
    Participant

Which side will be towards the public? I’m assuming for the moment that the entry door is on the “upper left” by the Tree Farm.

Yes, sorry. I meant to have that annotated.

Will Mr. McFeeley be there?

Nope, Santa will be there. 🙂

Tim

Laura, for planning purposes, let’s consider switching “Tim’s Area” with the “Snow Park & Carnival Area”. Not that I don’t like being up front, but I’m working on some taller buildings and they might be better in the back where they will not block the views of other MOCs.

Laura
    Participant

Laura, for planning purposes, let’s consider switching “Tim’s Area” with the “Snow Park & Carnival Area”. Not that I don’t like being up front, but I’m working on some taller buildings and they might be better in the back where they will not block the views of other MOCs.

Good thought Tim. It is done.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Hannah Dow
    Participant

Hi guys! So I’m thinking the stuff I have to offer will be in the snow park area, it’ll be wintery things. I can always bring it and use it only if space needs filled if things are already claimed and whatnot.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

#subscribed. I’ll be there, good Lord willin’…. just dunno exactly when just yet.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I also have added a monorail track

w00+!

if Dan would be willing to contribute in that department.

…oh.

Guess if you want a monorail running on the ground, Dan’s your man…

…but in the layout, it crosses the train tracks, so are the trains going to be elevated, Chicago-style?!?

Dan
    Participant

@laura let me know what monorail you need!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Bumping this thread, because setup is THIS WEEKEND and it’s inconceivable that this isn’t even in our top 10 most recently active threads. (actually, it’s a top 12 list…)

Not sure I can swing setup, but we’ll see. #wishywashy #likeCharlieBrown

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar