LUG Directory

Home Forums Introductions LUG Directory

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I can see some drawbacks to this proposal, but I am going to make it anyway. Could we create a LUG directory with people’s real names and faces instead of enigmatic monikers and avatars? It could be voluntary, so people could upload as much as they were comfortable sharing or not at all.

Dan
    Participant

Wordpress profiles already support this if users are so inclined. Click on the user and navigate to Profile. That can display real name and a few other pieces of info depending on the user’s settings. As an example you can view my name and favorite thing to build: https://www.steelcitylug.com/members/randomdan/profile/

Krista K

@greg I believe both Josh and I mentioned that people change their display name to include their first name. It’s much easier for us on the backend when we’re assigning cup credits to search by name than to remember a username. Perhaps it’s time for a reminder.

Tim Brown
    Participant

I doubt folks would want to want their private information posted to what is essentially a publicly facing site. All it takes to access this information is to register for the site. The real name bit isn’t that big a deal especially if it’s just first name and a last initial, but address/phone ect. should really be kept out of the public view. Perhaps an intermediate solution might be to have an opt in google sheet set up with this information and the only way you get access to it is if your information is on the sheet.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

It’s supposed to be a social club – it would be nice for everyone to be able to put faces and names together when there is a public event or a LUG meeting.

ak41984
    Participant

This is a good idea. If you don’t have you info share then you shouldn’t be able to see everyone else.

And or something similar to how the inventory log you use to have to request access I beleive.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Irony, the opposite of wrinkly.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar