Beaver County Library-Con

Home Forums LUG discussions Beaver County Library-Con

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

This will be the third year (I think, might be 4th) for this event held at the CCBC Dome. Myself and Kristin have attended it with the 501st foe 2 years and last year I mentioned to the organizer that we were part of the LUG and that could potentially be fun for this type of event and she seemed to agree.

Well, she reached out to us and gave us some preliminary info. I still want to talk with her a bit about what she is thinking would be good sets/displays for the Con. I also may combine both 501st and LUG by building a set in my costume (her suggestion)!

Setup: Friday, October 18th

Library Con: Saturday, October 19th, 12-3PM

Again, this is just preliminary stuff, will be more details coming. This involves the whole of the Beaver County library system and they work a lot with the other county libraries as well so this could be a bigger thing over time. There are vendors, activities for the kids and a costume contest so you are encouraged to dress up for it!

One thing, I was just thinking that the library is right next door to the Dome and that is open and has different, quieter activities to do and that may be even better for display purposes of the Lego. Worth thinking about and discussing.

Will McDine
    Participant

I know for certain I will be out of town that weekend, But with enough notice I can pack up some trucks to send up. Consider me Subbed

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

From Courtney:

Hi Steel City Lug,

We’d love for you to participate in Librarycon, a major free community event for the Beaver County Library System! A member of your group, Jon Wagner mentioned Steel City Lug to us, and we were hooked!

Date: October 19
    Time 12-3PM

Our libraries currently have 3 Lego clubs, and we’re hoping to grow that number. We believe that Librarycon would be a fantastic opportunity for you to connect with the community and help us grow some hype.

Jon and I are in communication about possible activities, and attraction locations to have available. We can provide you with booth space/tables/area to demonstrate Lego activities. We have two locations, (The CCBC Dome and The Library) that participants travel back and forth from. The Dome houses all of the vendors, organizations, costume contest, etc. And the library is a sensory friendly area with our Tiny Art Show, Therapy Bunnies, and it could be a great location for Lug’s larger, more intricate displays– can’t have LIBRARYCON without a library to rep.

Let me know if you have any questions and we hope you can fit us into your event schedule.

Thank you,

Courtney Colaizzi

She/ Her
    Program & Social Media Manager
    (412) 745-2204 ext. 204
    Beaver County Library System
    109 Pleasant Drive.
    Aliquippa, Pennsylvania 15001

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar