Is anyone interested in splitting/pooling for D&D set?

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Is anyone interested in splitting/pooling for D&D set?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Avi
    Participant

I wanted to float this as an idea I’m toying with. I’m a huge Castle fan, and I really like the dungeon/tower build of the D&D set…but not much else about it. Would anyone be interested in splitting the set? I would be looking to hold on to the dungeon/tower build; the dragon, minifigures, accessories, monster mini-builds and possibly the inn would be up for grabs. I know it’s kind of a weird split and I haven’t broken it down by part yet, but I wanted to gauge people’s interest!

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by Avi.
    Lindsay
    Participant

I know absolutely ZERO about D&D and have very little interest in the main build. I do have some interest in the dragon itself as my fondness for them has been growing lately. And the minifigures I would be interested in as well. A lot of that would depend on price. However, one element of that set that I VERY much want is the little monster/alien looking creature. I REALLY would like to have that for my space display/creation. What kind of price range are you looking at in regards to what you would be willing to put into the part you are interested in?

Lindsay
    Participant

And, just for the sake of clarification, this is the “monster” I was referring to 😅🤣

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Keith
    Participant

My son really wants the mimic haha. He plays a game called prodigy math and it looks just like the mimic treasure chest in the game!

Avi
    Participant

Lindsay – That creature is called a Beholder! The other creatures included are a Gelatinous Cube, Displacer Beast, and Owlbear.

Keith – It looks like the Mimic gift with purchase is sold out! It was very popular. However, it uses fairly basic parts and the instructions should be available via PDF on Lego’s website! I think, when I was parting it out on Lego’s online Pick-A-Brick, it came to around $35-$40.

As for pricing: initially, I’m looking at a $180/$180 split; the dragon is around 1/3 to 1/2 of the build all by itself, and the minifigures/side builds are some of the pricier elements due to the unique prints. Not sure how much value the included D&D adventure module is, and I’m happy to part with any other GWP sets that are included. This is open to negotiation, though, and if anyone else would like to join the pool!

Pamela S
    Participant

If you go to the LEGO store and purchase today, they might still have a few left in stock. I purchased my set earlier yesterday around 2:30pm and I still saw another mimic gwp or possibly 2 behind the counter. If you go early, I’m pretty sure it would be yours, as the weather was so bad yesterday it probably kept most away from the mall and LEGO store.

Good luck guys!

Avi
    Participant

To expand upon this, I’d like to lay out my conceptual breakdown for splitting the set.

Module 1 – The Inn.
    Module 2 – The Woods/Dungeon.
    Module 3 – The Tower.
    Module 4 – The Dragon.
    Side Build – Beholder.
    Side Build – Owlbear.
    Side Build – Displacer Beast.
    Side Build – Gelatinous Cube.
    Minifigure – Dwarf Cleric + Accessories.
    Minifigure – Gnome Fighter + Accessories.
    Minifigure – Orc Rogue + Accessories.
    Minifigure – Elf Wizard + Accessories.
    Minifigure – Dragonkin + Accessories.
    Minifigure – Innkeeper/Wizard + Accessories.
    Minifigure – Mycoid x2.
    Minifigure – Skeleton x3.

Of all these elements, I am interested in Modules 2 (the Forest/Dungeon) and 3 (the Tower); I am partially interested in Module 1 (the Inn) for the sake of keeping the terrain/dungeon entrance together, but it can be fairly easily replaced by simply building out the path/cliff wall on a separate MILs plate. As for side builds/minifigures, I have some interest in the Gelatinous Cube and the Skeletons, but, again, am not married to them.

Hopefully this generates some interest or clarifies things a bit more?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar