Hello!

Home Forums Introductions Hello!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    zandecreates
    Participant

Hi everyone! My name is Stephen, I am 31 and have recently been getting back into Lego. I have been a longtime fan of Lego, often crediting Lego with why I am an engineer, but recently have had my eyes open to the world of AFOLs. I have started designing sets and instructions, some of you may have seen my recent posts on the Lego subreddit including my rendition of the Pittsburgh Skyline! A dream of mine would be to design something worthy of the Lego Ideas line, but we will see if I ever get there. I would love to hear what you all think of some of my creations, and look forward to getting involved with the group!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

welcome! you joined just in time. Next Saturday, the 11th, is our quarterly meeting. It’ll be held at my house in Bethel Park, like normal. There might be a virtual option as well.

2021 Q4 meeting – Dec 11

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome! I dig the micro-scale PGH skyline. Have you seen our other Burgh-related works yet? They’re all over the forums, our LUG facebook page, our insta, our flickr accounts…

I’ve been saying for years we need to build a minifig-scale Pittsburgh. You up for it?!?

Bob Grier
    Participant

Hi @zandecreates, and welcome to the group! Very nice job on the Pittsburgh Skyline MOC. Getting the detail you want at that scale is always a challenge, and you’ve done well with that. Don’t know if you frequent the LEGO Store in Ross Park Mall, but I had my own Pittsburgh Skyline MOC on display there about a year ago. Someday I want to expand mine to pick up all of the 3 Sisters bridges, as well as Heinz Field and the Science Center.

As a car enthusiast, you’ll get along great with @zaximillian (AKA Rich Millich). He has an extensive collection of race cars that he’s built and displayed. Check out the “what the heck is Rich building” thread to get a look at those.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome!

zandecreates
    Participant

I saw that, I would love to join the meeting! I have a bit of a conflict at that time, but still might be able to work it out.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by zandecreates.
    zandecreates
    Participant

@rcgrier3406 that build is fantastic! Such great detail, I would have loved to see it in person. I look forward to browsing through people’s builds here, I feel like such a novice when seeing what people can do.

Tim

I’ve been saying for years we need to build a minifig-scale Pittsburgh. You up for it?!?

@philmatt24 We’ve got a good start on that! https://www.flickr.com/photos/41914153@N03/51718164118/in/dateposted-public/ 😀

@zandecreates
    yes I saw your mini-microscale Burgh on reddit. Very well done. I really like how you created the two stadiums.

I have some microscale Burgh buildings (here – https://www.flickr.com/photos/41914153@N03/32401852991/in/dateposted-public/). The Steel Tower is about 2 feet high (compared to the minifig scale K&L Gates and Gulf Tower which both are around 5 feet high).

Always great to have another architectural enthusiast in the group! Hope to meet you at the Q4 meeting next weekend.

Krista K

Welcome! 🙂

Tim Brown
    Participant

Welcome! Nice MOC. Love the detail you packed into it.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I need to see this Burgh build in person. Microscale fascinates me.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hello, you can also check out the Threadjacking thread, that’s how this all got started. I read this post:

Threadjacking

and then I was the one who nagged you in the Reddit comments to come join. You’re welcome 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar