HI all

Home Forums Introductions HI all

Tagged: 

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Frank Lordi
    Participant

Hi all!
    Very excited to link up with a local LUG.

My introduction
    Frank Lordi
    Castle fan, dabbling in space an dpirate.
    Profession- project manager
    Location- Ellwood <Lawrence Beaver county border

again, Hi…….glad to be here!

Tim

Welcome, Frank. Good to have another member from the “far north”. I live in Cranberry and Nancy lives in Wexford. For now, we make up the far northern contingency. 🙂

We have a meeting this Saturday down in the City (see the topic “Q1 2014 meeting” for details). Hope you can make it.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Good to have another member from the “far north”.

It’s interesting that there’s no East Side – West Side clash… perhaps because none of us are gangsta rappers…?

But yes, welcome, Frank! Hope to meet you on Saturday or some other event in the near future!

Josh
    Keymaster

Hi Frank, I see you met Tim, who is terrible with names. We still love him though. It’s hilarious when he forgets his own.

Nancy is from monroeville. Kathy is from the great uncharted north.

do you know about the Q1 meeting saturday at matt’s house? interested in the prescreening on feb 1st?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Be nice to Tim, he is considering switching to ParLUGment.

http://www.parlugment.org/index.php

Tim

Feel free to call me Tim, Tom, Bill, George, etc. 😀

Not switching to ParLUGment. 😛

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Be nice to Tim, he is considering switching to ParLUGment.

That is taking “from the far North” to the extreme… #figuratively

Frank Lordi
    Participant

Thanks to all for the warm welcome.
    Also I wish to apologize for my delay in responding, an dlack of attendance at today’s meeting. I’ve been fighting off a nasty bit of the flu. Got major cabin fever to say the least!

Anyway, i’ve been involved in the online lego community for years. Joined classic-castle back in 2003. Came out of my ‘dark age’ in about 97-98. The night lord’s castle was my first AFOL purchase, if memory serves. All that having been said, this is my first LUG contact. You know looking for a local LUG just never occurred to me! ha

At any rate, what do y’all do ’round here?

Frank

RJ Thompson
    Participant

Yo! RJ from Bellevue (southern-but-Northern contingency)

I’m a city builder, myself. I also enjoy the superhero legos.

Josh
    Keymaster

At any rate, what do y’all do ’round here?

take a look at our handbook – https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYA6DLvtXI5zYvRX_eNlz6XePRZHqJLhdWkwUh28Jvg It’s a new thing, still a few updates to come.

I’ll be posting the minutes from this saturday’s meeting in the next few days. You’ll see we have A LOT going on.

Becky Rodgers
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Becky and am delighted to find out about the AFOL group in Pittsburgh. I am more a minifig person, but always handle inventory when my sister Cindy is building – particularly the Christmas Village. Look forward to getting more involved. Thanks.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome, Becky! Hopefully we’ll get to meet you soon – we have a LOT to build for in the coming months, so sorting and building parties will likely be happening frequently (some of us were actually sorting today…) Has your sister joined the site yet? If not, make her do it! We’re super friendly and pleasant company and always looking for new members!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

…and if that was coming on too strong, it’s just because I’m still hopped up on endorphins from spending the day sorting with all my LEGO friends…

Becky Rodgers
    Participant

Thanks for the welcome, Matt. I am going to get my sister to join today. Looking forward to Lego-mania!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Becky, here is a suggested Avatar for you to upload to your steelcitylug account:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-VVd8JTaFVjA/UstPeaeSdWI/AAAAAAAAGEI/yeuvuuKn3uY/s1600/IMG_3098.JPG

🙂

Becky Rodgers
    Participant

Greg, Wildwest Wydestyple! I wish . . .

Cynthia Helffrich
    Participant

Hello all! I’m Cindy – sister to Becky Rodgers above. Started with Castles about 10 years ago and now have an attic full of Legos. Have been adding to my Christmas Village lately, but dying to drag everything down from the attic and build, build, build. Mostly have built from sets or directions, but want to learn and practice and do MOCs. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Cynthia Helffrich
    Participant

Hello all! I’m Cindy – sister to Becky Rodgers above. Started with Castles about 10 years ago and now have an attic full of Legos. Have been adding to my Christmas Village lately, but dying to drag everything down from the attic and build, build, build. Mostly have built from sets or directions, but want to learn and practice and do MOCs. Looking forward to getting to know you. Live in Brighton Heights now, but grew up in McCandless.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar