16×16 MILS vignettes

Home Forums All Things LEGO! 16×16 MILS vignettes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

I am newly interested in building modular City/Town MILS baseplate vignette displays at the 16×16 size. I believe that this size is a low stress entry point for those unfamiliar with MILS and/or the City/Town style.

This size lends itself to the Xtra line quite well, and every City/Town needs some small green spaces where figs can interact doing small things or just relaxing.

I have 8 16×16 baseplates I’m DNG that I can use for City/Town and/or Space. These, placed end to end, can cover 64 studs, or bracket a large 32 stud wide area on both sides.

Give me some thoughts and ideas for connectivity and display interest. I know already that I want to do a fountain with some benches, some trees, and a food cart.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

@zaximillian, can you provide representative images of this concept?

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Hi Rich. I happen to be doing these in my city. Here are some photos.

I altered the pizza shop and then built then altered the arcade from the 3:1 – still working on the roof.

Hope you like it.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Will McDine
    Participant

I think green spaces and/or 16×32 buildings are always a great addition to any town. those would me my suggestions. If you need help with design text me and I can help you further

Renée
    Participant

I love this idea! With a little modification I could bring my rebus up to the MILS standard. Gotta have a little community theater, plus a place to make a wish.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Renée.
    Attachments:
    Rich Millich
    Participant

I love this idea! With a little modification I could bring my rebus up to the MILS standard. Gotta have a little community theater, plus a place to make a wish.

Those 8x8s are a really nice start, and both are good ideas for sure. I’ll try NOT to do these two things to avoid duplication in a collaborative display.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Hi Rich. I happen to be doing these in my city. Here are some photos.

I altered the pizza shop and then built then altered the arcade from the 3:1 – still working on the roof.

Hope you like it.

I do! I happen to have some stickers and lettering tiles that might help. We should collaborate on buildings, as I have two City Pizza vans, for example, and wanted to build a pizza shop of my own too, and could take inspiration from what you’re doing.

Marcella Spear
    Participant

Great idea! Yeah, I picked up the double door at afol day so a redesign might take place 😀

Rich Millich
    Participant

Greg, I’ve lost track of the Xtra sets I wanted to use for my vignette. As soon as I find it, I’ll build the rest of the 16×16 up.

Renée
    Participant

Here’s my first one, which will be at the Trolley Museum display, called “Skeleton’s Garden”

Attachments:
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar