Anyone going to the Monroeville Greenburg Toy show July 13th and 14th..?

Home Forums LUG discussions Anyone going to the Monroeville Greenburg Toy show July 13th and 14th..?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Paul Boratko
    Participant

Wondering if anyone was planning on attending the show since it is pretty close to Pittsburgh.. I have 2 tables… I am displaying some of my cars and selling instructions on CD and moving some  G.I.Joe figures… I’ll probably wear my Steel City Shirt, but I don’t have any Steel City Cards.. Maybe if one of you comes, you can drop off some cards for the LUG and I can set them on my table…

I am pretty sure that PennLUG sets up for these shows out East…

Here is the link

Home

• This topic was modified 10 years, 11 months ago by Paul Boratko.
    Josh
    Keymaster

oh wow, I’ve never even heard of these before…thanks for bringing it up!

from their link on doing a workshop, they say to submit applications to display 3 months before hand…when did you submit yours, Paul?
    http://www.greenbergshows.com/pdf/layout.pdf

Looks like a good chance to do get some attention and do a display as well as bring in at least a little bit of cash for the LUG…
    $50.00 less than 100 sq ft of actual layout
    $100.00 101 to 499 sq ft of actual layout
    $150.00 500+ sq ft of actual layout

looks like they have a date in november too…maybe we could talk about doing our Christmas town there…

November 9-10 Monroeville, PA Monroeville Convention Ctr.

anyone interested in trying to whip something up for July – if we’d even be able to get space?

might be worth just attending too. You’ve been to these before, paul? Mostly train stuff?

Paul Boratko
    Participant

No this is my first one, but my dad has been doing these for years(he deals in trains) he said that the show is 50-50 Trains/Toys…

He got me two 6 foot tables last week.. I think they were like $70 each…

This is going to be a regular show for me since I am not doing the AFOL shows anymore due to their stupid ass policies… I like the freedom to do what I want…

This could be a great thing for the LUG to get rolling and become popular in the West, and something that I can contribute to and be a part of since it isn’t too far away..

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

ass policies

Hmm…

Yeah, I’d like to come check it out, but I may not be in town. Will see how my travel shapes up.

Tim

I may be able to come out on Saturday, July 13. If so, is there anything I (or anyone else) could bring that you would want displayed along with your cars, Paul? It’s your table, so I would not want to interfere – either way (yes or no) is ok with me. Thanks! 🙂

Paul Boratko
    Participant

I am not taking things just to display, I am taking them to hopefully sell… 🙂

I have 10 copies of each of my instructions on CD(for models that I am taing to display), 10 Transmission Kits(5 of each) with instructions.. I did a full 619 piece yellow Hot Rod kit, and I am also taking some Technic sets to flip.. 8070 supercars, a couple 8041 racing trucks, and a few others…

Then I have a ton of 2007 to 2013 25th anniversary G.I. Joe figs that I am hoping to flip(along with 8 SDCC figures)

I only have two 6 foot tables, so I have to really get creative… I know that we can add shelves to the tables and also use stands and shelves behind the tables.. So space will be very tight this go around..

Tim

I am not taking things just to display, I am taking them to hopefully sell… :)

I figured you would be selling and that space might be tight. That is why I asked if you wanted any “background” display. If I come, I will definitely stop by for awhile. Thanks!

Josh
    Keymaster

I probably won’t be able to make an appearance this weekend, Paul. Are you taking the daywalker?

Anyone else planning on heading out?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Anyone else planning on heading out?

Can’t make it; headed outta tahn on vaca. Yinz guys have fun, n’at!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I may be able to come out on Saturday, July 13.

Tim, are you considering going to this Greenberg train show in Monroeville to buy LEGO? The least crowd and best selection would be available on Friday if you go help Paul setup. Of course there is no certainty that anyone but Paul will be selling LEGO based items, of course there might be LEGO trains there. 🙂

• This reply was modified 10 years, 10 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Paul Boratko
    Participant

My wife is either going out with me on Friday or I am going down with my dad.. My wife is definitely going on Saturday.. I think he has 7 tables for his trains.. I have never been to one of these shows before, so i don’t know what is all even there.. I am taking an Emerald Night set to sell along with a bunch of retired Technic sets.. I am also taking a bunch of 25th anniversary(2008 to 2013) GI Joe stuff to unload… I have a bunch of SDCC figs as well as regulars…

I also contacted that steel city con event for more information and to make sure that my work would be welcomed there… Don’t want to commit to something that I am not right for, you know..?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar