HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Home Forums All Things LEGO! HARRY POTTER RETURNS

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Score also! Mine came today from the vendor on eBay.

On another note, went to look at Cranberry Walmart. They had what looked like 60-100 on the shelf in a big bin. I asked a guy about a box. He said there were 240 in the system but in no location. He went back and looked but with no luck. He said there was really no hope unless you can find a toy associate who might know the location. Then, they may be loose and not in 60 package boxes. I doubt that but it is what he said. And he was really smart so….

Happy hunting!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I also have one complete set, minus the chase fig, if anyone wants to avoid the hunt. Not looking to make money off you so just cost plus shipping or I can meet you in the Cranberry or Robinson area if local. Let me know.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I also have one complete set, minus the chase fig,

Are they in sealed or open packages? Will you be at the Q3 meeting?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Are they in sealed or open packages? Will you be at the Q3 meeting?

@Greg
    Schubert they are in sealed bags. All 21 are accounted for….if you trust my bag sensing technic! I will not be at the meeting unfortunately as I have a vacation trip to South Carolina that day. I can meet you somewhere in Da Burgh if we can find an agreeable spot.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

I had an eventful weekend, found an unopened box from the walmart near my parents! well, only after pestering them to check the back but either way, I finally scored mine 🙂 so @rcgrier3406 lemme know which ones you’d like and I can either ship em to you or wait til you’re in the Cbus area again! Wish I could have found it sooner when you were in town but such is life

Hannah Dow
    Participant

@timf omg sorry Tim! You too, how would you like yours delivered to you?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I did also grab the HP Polybag. I have 4 extra if anyone wants one. Let me know.

David Bacon
    Participant

Don’t look now, but the Toys R Us Bricktober Gift With Purchase sets are minifigure packs again, and this time, one of them includes 4 exclusive Harry Potter minifigures. How us in the states will get them without Toys R Us is still up in the air, but I doubt they are excluding all countries without a Toys R Us from this promotion.

https://brickset.com/article/38054/2018-bricktober-sets-revealed!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Well, I got a friend in Canada so maybe he would be willing to go every week and buy me something to get these. Then meet me at the border for an exchange. But is it worth the added cost? Everything is so much more expensive in CA.

David Bacon
    Participant

Everything is so much more expensive in CA.

With the current exchange rate, I noticed things were slightly less expensive in Canada when I was up there a couple weeks ago. Right now, $1 USD equals $1.30 CAD. Is sales tax high enough to negate that?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

According to TBB, the HP set is coming to Barnes & Noble:
    </block quote>

Well, that’s 25% good I guess.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

LEGO Harry Potter Diagon Alley (40289) Found in LEGO Certified Store

Man. LEGO is killing my wallet this year ? but all of this is just so awesome

Bob Grier
    Participant

Microscale Diagon Alley just doesn’t do it for me. Of course, my opinion might be considered just a little biased!!

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

IDK either. Why not a full scale version again if anything? I gotta get better at custom modulars! 🙂

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Just curious, did anyone build the Hedwig sculpture?

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

According to TBB, the HP set is coming to Barnes & Noble:

Toys R Us LEGO minifigure packs revealed, featuring Harry Potter, Jurassic World, Marvel, Ninjago [News]

I stopped by B&N today. I ordered the HP 4 figure box. They call it “4 professors set” or something similar. No reference to “Bricktober” or exclusive. So, the manager was looking for Bricktober and exclusive and nearly missed it. I ordered the last 5 at the warehouse but he thinks they’ll get more.

Just wanted to let you all know you can order them in store and have them shipped to home for free. The cost is $7.11 per box. Minus your 10% member discount. $6.40 isn’t bad for 5 exclusive minifigs! Not bad at all since TRU was like $19.99 without the $75 buy-in! I hate the spend with purchase deals. Charge me the $7.99…or $17.99.

Happy Hunting! I also read a rumor on a site that Lego stores and shop at home may carry the other sets at some point. A boy can dream!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Thanks for solving this mystery. I saw this set on eBay a week ago and it wasn’t in the bricklink catalog and I wondered if it was even real.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-5005254-Harry-Potter-minifigures-exclusive/173544591764

That IS a good price, maybe even the wrong price, considering that the minifigs in the mystery bags are $4 each.

Hannah Dow
    Participant

That’s great to hear Jim! I had tried going to the local barnes and noble 2 weeks ago and they couldn’t find anything about it in their computers but we were searching for “Bricktober”. Hopefully if I go back and ask about the “professors set” like you mentioned, I’ll have better luck 🙂

Hannah Dow
    Participant

Update: went to Barnes and noble and the manager said they got a letter from corporate saying they were not going to get any of those sets. They said a lot of people have been asking about them. I asked if it was just that store, and they said it was a regional memo ?

if anyone happens to find an extra and wants to help this Ohio girl out, I’d be grateful! Alternatively, Jim will you be selling any of yours, likely interested 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

@hannah133, I got the same story. From what I read they are only available for order to home from a store. So, that is what the store manager did. I have not received them yet but I did get order confirmation via email. I am sure I will get them but I don’t want to commit to you until I do. I’ll at least keep 2 so I will most likely have 3 to sell. I’ll let you know what I get and when.

David Bacon
    Participant

The story according to brickfan is that they may be available later in November, like Nov 17.

LEGO Harry Potter Bricktober 2018 (5005254) Barnes & Noble Update #2

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Not so great news! They wised up!

Attachments:
    Jim Rolfe
    Participant

And here we go again! One day only fans of HP and Lego! $75 GWP for the 4 professors as the letter I posted told us. 11/17.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/harry-potter/_/N-1p38

https://stores.barnesandnoble.com/event/9780061976561-0

Now I did hear a birdy tweet about the Lego store possibly selling them also starting this month. I have not seen any “official” Lego announcement though…..hmmmmm…..

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

A rendition of the Great Hall, work in progress, that I saw online.

Attachments:
Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar