Lego Masters

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Lego Masters

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

I was surprised Aaron and Christian used their brick. They should have known they’re build skill would carry them through. It’s still a TV show.

Did you see the preview at the end for next week’s show? It appears they are going to regret that choice.

David Bacon
    Participant

I was rather upset with the twist thrown in of adding a genre and giving them 8 more hours to build. It totally killed Nestor and Manny who had a rad looking western build at the end of the first half. I agree that the phone call with Mom was a bit contrived. Were none of them allowed to have cell phones at all until that moment when Will pulled one out for Nestor to call his wife? Was that to help us feel better about their elimination since it results in their marital reunion?

Tyler and Amy crushed it this time, even with the second genre thrown at them, but it was nice to see Boone and Mark finally be recognized. It was also nice to see the judges point out that Jermaine & Mel were copycats. Amy looked a bit vindicated by that pronouncement. Aaron and Christian’s castle tower was splendid as well as their awesome dragon, but their build wasn’t Romance Thriller by any means, so I understand why they used the brick.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I noticed that Boone and Tyler got to have their builds stop motion animated at the end. Did the previous weeks do that? Pretty cool to see Tyler’s do that since it wasn’t minifig scale.

Yes, not to the same extent, though, if I recall. A couple builds per episode, maybe?

Hahahah, I just tried to find a clip of Amy Corbett singing in the band, and it’s not the same Amy Corbett! Seems IMDb.com merged accounts that shouldn’t have been.

Lulz.

I was not sold with the “call your wife” moment on the show. Seemed forced and exposed that these people are basically rats in cages for weeks for this show. Strange.

I’m still super curious as to the production schedule. Like, each challenge / episode is clearly either a marathon day/night, or artificially compressed (i.e. they get to go sleep and come back for the second half, or something… which doesn’t seem to be the case, or they’d have too much time to regroup from false starts, etc.) So… you show up at like 4-5 AM for makeup and such, then start the challenge at like 7AM, then it ends at like 6-10 PM, then you have to do the show-and-tell and judging, and get done at like midnight? Then… how many days off before filming the next episode? Cuz it sure sounded like the contestants would be Sequestered in Memphis for like

eleven weeks

I was not sold with the “call your wife” moment on the show. Seemed forced and exposed that these people are basically rats in cages for weeks for this show. Strange.

Yeah, I liked Manny & Nestor (clearly, everyone did!) and Nestor’s enthusiasm was infectious, but they were not great builders, and that scene did seem forced. Plus – if I’m them, I’m like “stop bothering us, we’re losing time!!” (I’m sure they tell all contestants that they have to spend 5 minutes talking to Will & the judges when they stop by, or something, but yeah… distractions!)

1). If I were on the show, this would have been the week I quit. I don’t do back stories like that. I’m too pragmatic

Bahaha can you imagine? I’d be like “so our Romance/Kids Movie features a Giant SuperBaby falling in love with the DragonShark Fairy Princess, we got this!” and Josh is all

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Matt Redfield.
    Josh
    Keymaster

after the 28 minute mark, boone starts dropping some timeline bits of data.

he says “at mark’s birthday” (if we find out when that is, we’ll know more) they were playing games with amy/tyler, Mel/germaine, and richard/flynn…so we know those people stick around longer, because it’s all in the context of boone saying “it was once the group got smaller that the off camera meetings became important to forming these lasting relationships”

• This reply was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by Josh.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I… I can’t believe none of yinz’re talking about last week’s Racecar/Strongest Bridge episode… I just finally got to it last night, and WOW. Right up our alley with event challenges…

I have many thoughts and feelings about it. Mostly that one team was clearly not in their wheelhouse, yet managed to shine anyway, and how impressed I was that the two strongest used the least Technic but smart/strong building techniques *and* still made cool-looking bridges (unlike, unfortunately, the team that went home, who I thought was going to escape Bottom 2 aesthetic judging based on strength but didn’t even manage that), and that the wrong Top 2 team was awarded the win (their bridge held 1000lbs, but it cracked in the process… I mean, come on!)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Kids are silly. And justice was finally served. I hope this was a wakeup call for both team Punchable Face and Clark Kent and team “kept winning the challenge even though sometimes it should have been another team, at least most definitely last week for the bridge if not other times”… (I actually quite like them, just thought it was getting ridiculous…)

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I thought you all were going to want to talk about the finale. I am disappoint.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I never got that far, I think the last one I saw was the bridge competition.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I never got that far, I think the last one I saw was the bridge competition.

That one was epic. I still contend that Tyler & Amy deserved the win because Mark & Boone’s bridge cracked, but it was mind-blowing that TWO teams built bridges that could hold >1000lbs… we should try that some time!!!

Let me know when you see the rest, @greg! Star Wars episode was not my favorite challenge (because I found the creativity aspect a bit lacking), but the finale was pretty great and a tough choice for the judges!!

Micah Beideman
    Participant

I just started an internship working with the winner of Lego Masters today 😉

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I just started an internship working with the winner of Lego Masters today ?

WHAT.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I just started an internship working with the winner of Lego Masters today ?

I HAVE SO MANY QUESTIONS BUT I CANNOT ASK THEM HERE BECAUSE SPOILERS

(what’s the statute of limitations on spoilers these days, anyway?)

Greg Schubert
    Participant

WHAT.

Yeah, what he said! Congratulations getting a paid position building LEGO! But that gives me a clue about who won, which is probably who deserved to win all along. So that 100 grand win is going to fund Micah’s internship. Sweet!

You can PM your spoiler alert questions to Micah. 🙂

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

But that gives me a clue about who won

oops – @hacim did the spoilering, not me!

Congratulations getting a paid position building LEGO!

well, @hacim didn’t technically say he’s getting paid…

Viewing 14 posts - 26 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar