New and Inspired

Home Forums Introductions New and Inspired

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Vitriol
    Participant

Greetings fellow LEGO enthusiasts! I am so excited to have stumbled upon this group. I have always used LEGO as a solitary activity and I am overjoyed to find that such a rich social community exists. I grew up with LEGO and now that my son enjoys LEGO also I am learning to love building all over again. You are all such an inspiration bunch of people. Looking forward to diving in to all of the posts and seeing more of your work!

-Danielle
    Pittsburgh – Overbrook

Pete
    Participant

Welcome Danielle.

Josh
    Keymaster

Hi Danielle! Thanks for joining up! What kind of building did you grow up doing?

Vitriol
    Participant

I was, and still am, a huge fan of the Pirates line especially the Eldorado fortress. I also loved the Castle/Huntsman sets that were out. When I free build I lean towards castles, villages, and the like. Although currently I usually build what my son asks for. Since emerging from my LEGO dark period I am excited about the Holiday sets! I’m not normally much of a holiday decorator but I adore the Holiday builds!

Tim

Welcome! Be sure to check out the LUG’s flickr stream. Walter had some of his castles displayed at the train show this weekend. Good stuff there.

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome! We have our next quarterly meeting on August 25th. It is our annual LUG birthday party with door prizes, food, and lots of activities. Check out the thread for more information. Hope to see you there.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

That’s all well and good, gents, but I’m more curious about this “Vitriol” avatar / character… is there a backstory?

Vitriol
    Participant

Hmm I’m not sure the backstory is all that interesting but here it is:

Vitriol is the online handle that I have used for myself for over 20 years. I came across the world “Vitriol” in a chemistry class and I just thought it was the most beautiful word ever. The image is of a minifigure that my sister-in-law purchased for me when she was at a LEGO store. She said that they had an area where you could customize minifigs and she purchased one for me that looks vaguely like I do haha. I have wavy brown hair, I am a science teacher (hence the flask,) and I do own shirts with skulls on them. I took a pic of the minifig and figured I’d use it here as an avatar.

What’s the story behind your avatar Mr. Redfield?

Rich Millich
    Participant

Vitriol, @randomdan is our resident Pirates builder, and you might want to talk to @rcgrier3406 and @hannah133 about Castle building, as they both have done fine, fine work on huge Hogwarts related builds. Just about every LEGO genre there is, we’ve got somebody who likes it.

As for the Holiday builds, our LUG has done some great snowy builds in the past too, and there are tips we can share there too.

Welcome!

Tom Frost
    Participant

I am a science teacher

Where do you teach? We have several teachers in the LUG

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

It is a much prettier word than its definition, and it adds a certain air to your online presence!

What’s the story behind your avatar Mr. Redfield?

Unitron is best -tron. That’s pretty much it. I mean, I <3 Pirates and Castle and such too, but space, tho! And that Monorail Transport Base, tho! And Star Hawk II, tho!! ha.

Vitriol
    Participant

I teach at Lincoln Park, it’s a performing arts school outside of the city. I teach Biology 🙂

Rich Millich
    Participant

So come on out to the Yearly Anniversary Party this Saturday. It’s one of the biggest and most fun things we do every year. Come out, introduce yourself and talk LEGO!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar