Q3 Build Challenge

Home Forums MOCs Build challenges! Q3 Build Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Entries accepted at the Q3 meeting. If you cannot attend, online entry will be accepted in this thread.

Must fit on a 16 x 16 baseplate without going over. No height restriction. Purist, always.

Build a castle. The best castle, as determined by me, will win:

79000 Riddles for The Ring

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Riddles-for-the-Ring-79000

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Purist, always.

That’s church.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

That’s church.

That’s swag.

David H Donley
    Participant

What does “purist, always” mean exactly? That it has to be a literal castle vs a figurative castle? Or just that it must contain only Lego brick?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

pur·ist noun \ˈpyu̇r-ist\
    : a person who has very strong ideas about what is correct or acceptable and who usually opposes changes to traditional methods and practices

Purist
    A LEGO creation that does not include any customizations, such as decals, modified parts, or custom accessories from third-party vendors like BrickArms, BrickForge, and Big Ben Bricks. A form of religious fundamentalism. Contrast with Custom.

I’d love to see what a figurative castle is…

David H Donley
    Participant

A figurative castle, where the term castle is a metaphor. Like my home is my castle, or my “stud dungeon is my castle”. Or perhaps an homage to the TV show “Castle”.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Ah, I was thinking something like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

David H Donley
    Participant

Now I want to build a picture of a Lego castle with “This is not Lego” underneath.

Tim

Or perhaps an homage to the TV show “Castle”.

Sweet idea! “Castle” is one of my favorite shows. Maybe someone can do a brick built Castle and Beckett vignette. 🙂

Josh
    Keymaster

Since I’m seeing a bunch of people rsvp they’re entering, I’m going to go ahead and add a large and small pab cup redemption to the awards. first person will get to pick if they’d rather have the set or cup (and second person will chose if there is still a choice).

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I’m going to go ahead and add a large and small pab cup redemption to the awards.

Dang, now the pressure is REALLY on. So how lenient will you be with the rules? In particular I am concerned about the no overhang.

Josh
    Keymaster

0 tolerance.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

0 tolerance.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Purist
    A LEGO creation that does not include any customizations, such as decals, modified parts, or custom accessories from third-party vendors like BrickArms, BrickForge, and Big Ben Bricks. A form of religious fundamentalism. Contrast with Custom.

Or, in other words, “Contrast with anything Ben builds; those mohawks and mushrooms are non-canon. NON-CANON, I tell you!” 😉 (see, I used a winky face this time so you know I’m just joking around. Even though I kinda resent the mushrooms. But it’s cool. No, really – it’s cool.)

In other news, I’ve got an award and a figurative castle to build, not to mention those long awaited MOCs, my country’s 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I’m swamped. So little to do, and so much time! Wait; strike that, reverse that…

Josh
    Keymaster

lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar