Rocket Raccoon is the new Mr. Gold

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Rocket Raccoon is the new Mr. Gold

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I’m selling the Rocket Raccoon TRU Exclusive Polybags faster than I can acquire them. Picked up 20 at Century III on Wednesday, and sold 10 within a couple hours, and the rest the next morn. Picked up 28 more in Greensburg on Friday night, and am down to 6 (one guy in Indonesia had inquired about shipping costs for 10, then just replied that he wanted to order them, but now I don’t have enough left because someone else beat him to the punch.)

Check the sales history. 92 have already sold today, and 14 of them were mine. To be sure, I’m listing a bit below the average, but I’m still making $3.25 per polybag, which is a great ROI in such a short time – over 50% margin, and immediately reinvested in another batch. (Also of interest – somebody was so desperate, he paid $360 for ONE polybag. Say whaaaa???)

If any of yinz are near a ToysRUs, BUY ALL THE THINGS. I’m dead serious. They’re like gold. They sell like hotcakes. Golden hotcakes. Mmmmmmmm… can we have pancakes at the Q4 meeting?! 😀

Zemata
    Participant

I haven’t sold any yet. What are you selling them for ? Mine are at $9.99

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Quantity, son. I see you have three. None of my buyers have bought fewer than eight. Also, all but one buyer has been overseas… thing is, people who can just drive to ToysRUs and get one for $5 aren’t likely to pay $10 right now. Once the TRU inventories dry up, I’m sure the locals who missed out will pay up, but until then, the biggest market is people who can’t get to TRU conveniently.

But I also listed the first batch at $8.25, and the next at $8.37, to facilitate quick returns on investment. I looked at the Price Guide, and saw that the cheapest listing (on Wednesday) with higher quantity than me was at $8.29 or something like that, so I listed my 20x at $8.25. Then on Friday night, similar deal – I had 28x, cheapest seller with more than 28 was at $8.39, so I listed just under him at $8.37.

It all depends on your goals – this time, I decided to go for a smaller profit margin but an immediate payout. If I held on to them, I could probably get $10 or more for each one, but I’d have to wait longer. As is, I invested $112 for 20 polybags, made $150ish, then reinvested that money immediately into 28 more, and made $225ish. Inventory turns sometimes trump margins… #LordBusiness #BiznisKitty

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar