Spaceship from Space Chess Display

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Spaceship from Space Chess Display

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Travis
    Participant

Does anyone know anything about the Spaceship that was in the Space Chess display at the Lego store in Ross Park from Summer of 2019?

I attended an AFOL and I can’t remember who I was talking to about it (apologies I am horrible with names), but they were telling me that it was a modular MOC. With the recent Stay-at-Home, my Lego collection has been quite popular with myself and the kids. We were looking for some more inspiration.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

the Spaceship that was in the Space Chess display

It was a very complex ship. According to an earlier post, these are the people who were involved in the display Jim Rolfe, Jeff Griest, Paula Varas, Richard Millich, Sean Collins, Tom Frost and Will McDine.

This is a excellent time for your kids to explore designs on their own and discover new building techniques!

Tim

There are some pictures of that display in our LUG’s Gallery – LEGO Store Display Summer 2019. Click the Gallery link at the upper right of this page and then go to the third Gallery page.

Travis
    Participant

Thanks Tim, I saw those. I forgot who was telling me about the ship at the Aug 3 AFOL Day, but he mentioned that it was in LDD.

Josh
    Keymaster

sounds like @arcadiumsol

Rich Millich
    Participant

The squadron was actually built by me. That’s the “Crazy 8” squadron that I tried to build specifically in Walter’s style. @whitesidewjw, could you do me a favor and post some closeups so I can complete the finalized LDD? The final refinement was done at your place during the Build Day, so I only have a previous version, and I did make substantial structural changes at your place.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar