Town Section of Winter Display

Home Forums LUG discussions Town Section of Winter Display

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

what’s the flocking made of?

Technically its “the process of depositing many small fiber particles (called flock) onto a surface. It can also refer to the texture produced by the process, or to any material used primarily for its flocked surface.”

But I was just thinking of some kind of fake snow.

So are we using any road baseplates in the either the North Pole or the Winter Village as we are in the town section?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

the Dutch Colonial that I’m working on

Doug both of your buildings look even better in real life! The front of this Dutch colonial looks fantastic.

One comment that experienced builders often point out is the need to get rid of the staircase pattern seen when along the edge of roof made by sloped bricks. I’ve learned that its possible to cover this staircase pattern with long 2x plates attached sideways to the roof line. You might try this with a couple of headlight bricks or a technic brick with a short pin sticking out. Only certain intervals match along this diagonal, so you have to play with it a bit.

Of course, the Dutch colonial roof has two different roof angles, so that would be even trickier to hide. Another option is to use inverted bricks but they tend to make a very thick roof. All of this would be easier if they made more of this piece, but I have only seen it in black:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6044

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar