Vintage Sets from late 80s early 90s

Home Forums LUG discussions BUY / SELL / TRADE! Vintage Sets from late 80s early 90s

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    EpcotBricks
    Participant

Hi SteelCity LUGS!

I’m just getting back in Lego after a 30 year delay. Haha. Since I’m just beginning again, I thought I’d see what some of my old sets will sell for. Below is a list of the sets. I’m still verifying completeness on some sets. But wanted to see if anyone was interested first.

Thanks for looking. 🙂

VERIFIED- complete w/ minifigures and instructions. No box.
    6074: Black Falcon’s Fortress
    6923: Particle Ionizer – MTron
    6941: Blacktron Battrax aka: Blacktron Prowler
    1682: Space Shuttle Launch

NEED TO VERIFY:
    6394: Metro Park & Service Tower
    6380: Emergency Treatment Center
    6264: Forbidden Cove

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

If you search for the sets on Bricklink (bricklink.com), you can see for what each set is currently selling. A quick scan of 6074 used, no box, looks like current market price on Bricklink is around $150. Hope that helps.

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Thanks Tim. I appreciate the feedback. I was looking on BrickLink and being new to all of this I wasn’t certain how reliable those prices were. So I thought I’d try selling on here first and get some feedback. And I could potentially deliver to the upcoming event at Ross Park.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

You can also check eBay, etc. to see what list prices are. On BrickLink, the nice thing is the Price Guide shows actual sales on the left, and current listings on the right, so you can gauge whether people are really paying what sellers are asking – this doesn’t exist on eBay, as far as I know.

In either case, make sure you’re only looking at sets in the same condition (i.e. “new in sealed box” or “used, complete,” for example.) Lots of folks list stuff as a set but then put in the comments “no minifigs” or “buildings only” or other qualifiers. Those listings can artificially drive down the average list price, as of course the minifigs are often the most lucrative part of a set. This typically applies more to licensed stuff like Star Wars or Harry Potter – for vintage sets that are LEGO IP, the M-TRON fig itself isn’t necessarily the appeal – but still, it helps to be aware of whether you’re comparing your complete set to someone else’s price for an incomplete set!

There’s definitely value for both parties if you find buyers among local club members – can avoid seller/buyer/shipping fees! Some sweet sets there, but I’m in a spending freeze right now, per the boss, until some of my own inventory is sorted and pared down… 😉

Josh
    Keymaster

major nostalgia tingles! I had all those sets and loved them all! I can send you an offer for all 4 once you check out forbidden cove. I’m not interested in the 2 town ones.

EpcotBricks
    Participant

major nostalgia tingles! I had all those sets and loved them all! I can send you an offer for all 4 once you check out forbidden cove. I’m not interested in the 2 town ones.

Hey Josh.

Thanks! Looks like the Forbidden Cove is complete as well. All minifigures in and pcs in great condition.

And I think I’m also going to have about 99% of the Camouflage Hideout. No instructions though. If you’re interested I can send you more pictures of each set.

Thanks again for inquiring. 🙂

EpcotBricks
    Participant

6264: Forbidden Cove – complete and in great condition.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh
    Keymaster

looks great! I’ll PM you.

Will McDine
    Participant

If Josh didn’t take it, I would be interested in the Emergency Treatment Center!

Dan
    Participant

Those are some great sets!

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Thank Will.

I’ve decided to keep the emergency center.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar