MEET UP: Sunday, January 6th, 2013 1pm-4pm

Home Forums LUG discussions MEET UP: Sunday, January 6th, 2013 1pm-4pm

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Our first 2013 Meet up has been set! Sunday, January 6th from 1pm – 4pm at the Cranberry Library! The address is 2525 Rochester Road Cranberry Township, Pa 16066

• This topic was modified 11 years, 4 months ago by Josh. Reason: edited first post now that date and location are set
    Zemata
    Participant

Sorry I can’t host, but I’m available all weekends and can go wherever.

Paul Boratko
    Participant

Depending on the weather, I will most definitely try to be there..

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So far, looks like I’m wide open.  I could probably host, too, although I’ll have to run it by the housemates.  So let’s see what the dates look like and then I can talk it over with the guys.

Tim

I just posted this is the “Cranberry Library Lego Party” thread but am reposting here.  I am checking with the Library to see if they have meeting space for us on the weekend of January 5-6 for our next meeting.  Thanks.

Tim

The Cranberry Library meeting room is available on Saturday January 5 from 12-4 pm.  They have reserved it for us but I need to confirm that we want it by Friday (December 14).  Please let me know ASAP if that day, time and location work.  This would be the same room that the February LEGO party event will be held in so we will be able to check it out and discuss event options.  Thanks!

Josh
    Keymaster

I sent you an email. If it’s free, let’s lock it down. It’d be a great excuse to see the space before the february event.

Tim

Josh, I also just emailed you back but will also post here.  Saturday January 5 and Sunday Juanuary 6 (1-4 pm either day) are both available and my contact at the Library has reserved both days for us.  We need to pick one day and let her know by Friday so she can release the reservation on whichever day we do not want.

Looking at the Doodle results so far, Saturday would seem to be the day when the most people can attend.

Doug
    Participant

I can def be there if we do it on Sunday, regardless of what it says on the Doodle.

Tim

We’ve got it for Sunday, January 6 from 1-4 pm.  Glad you can make it!

Zemata
    Participant

I’ll be there for sure.   Can’t guarantee Ill have a relevant MOC though.

Zemata
    Participant

Actually I can’t really do castle or town or things like that yet.   I don’t have too many MOCs under my belt.  Should I still bring what I have?  Should I bring any modulars or trains? Anyone have any small ideas for something I can attempt before the 6th?

I’ve never even interacted with any other AFOLs in real life >:

Breathe man, just breathe. We’re actually pretty friendly in real life.

To the mods: Is there a theme for this month’s MOCs?

Tim

We have not discussed any theme for the January 6 meeting.  The Great Wall display opportunity with the Cranberry Library came up quickly.  Evan, be sure to check out that thread as we are trying to coordinate a display to be installed on January 6.  Otherwise, just bring anything you feel like bringing – any theme, any creation.  Our LUG has a wide variety of interests represented.  🙂

David Bacon
    Participant

So, I plan on coming to this meeting. I don’t know if I can make up something beforehand, but I’ll gladly offer my assistance, opinions, and ideas. I’m also interested in meeting all the other members of the group.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Come on, Tim!  The theme is Turkey Legs!

Josh
    Keymaster

Breathe man, just breathe. We’re actually pretty friendly in real life.

To the mods: Is there a theme for this month’s MOCs?

lol. I like you already.

double lol at “Mods”

I’m with Tim. Bring whatever you want. If you’re proud of it, show us!

I do like the idea of themes or challenges, but I haven’t had time to organize that process yet – actually thought more about talking about how’d that’d go at the meeting. So 1)do whatever you want 2)if you NEED/WANT a theme – go with…”NEW YEAR”. Hopefully that imbues you all. 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar