2013 2nd quarter meeting

Home Forums LUG discussions 2013 2nd quarter meeting

• This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Dan.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Let’s talk about when our Q2 meeting will be so we can get it on our calendars.

With my house move in April, I’m looking at May dates. Specifically, Saturday, May 18th or Sunday May 19th, depending on which day works best for the majority.

I’d plan to host at my house in Bethel Park, but if that is strong discouragement for Northerners like Greg and Tim, We can look central, maybe asking Doug to get a room on CMU campus or asking Matt if he’s interested in hosting.

Is anyone planning on going to Brickfair New England the weekend of May 11th? If not, that could be an option as well.

let me know what your thoughts and availability looks like.

Zemata
    Participant

I’ll always be availabe for sat and sun events so I’ll be there.

Rich Millich
    Participant

My days off are Sunday and Thursday. Definitely interested. I plan on bringing the completed FS-42G Sovereign so that Evan can take pics of it with the light box. I’ll finally be able to post this thing! XD

Tim

I can do either day (May 18 or 19).

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

As of now, both days look fine for me.

I’m not opposed to hosting; just need to decide and plan it out so my housemates aren’t caught off guard.

Doug
    Participant

Dates sound fine to me. Just let me know what yinz need from me!

Dan
    Participant

Right now I think any of the dates work.

Tim

It looks like Sunday, May 19 is open for everyone.  I move to approved that date for our 2Q meeting.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Yea, looks like we have 7 who could do that day, and nobody who has dissented.  So, I think we need to resolve the following:

1)  Where?  [Josh’s house, Matt’s house, CMU…]

2)  What time?  I’m guessing we are shooting for 3 hours or so like the last meeting…  [Early afternoon (1-4 PM), Evening (6-9)…]

3)  Who’s bringing tasty snacks? [Josh, Evan, Rich, Tim, Doug, Dan, All of the above…]

Josh
    Keymaster
    Josh
    Keymaster

so, do we want to try to squeeze a business meeting in at cranberry after we install?  I know we ran short for time last time, and we’ll need more time to install the dig, but we could show up earlier and we won’t have that hour or so that we had rachael talk about the father-son event.  It’d be saturday, June 1st….and judging by the boxes of product coming from LEGO…we have some great stuff to talk about 😀

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Seems logical.

If we’re lucky, the 

boxes of product coming from LEGO

will include such goodies as bubblegum wrappers, shower gel lids, marbles, and knockoff bricks!

Tim

I’ve had a conflict come up for May 18 and 19 and can not attend a meeting on either day.  Is there another weekend we could meet (I’m thinking primarily of the Cranberry installation dress rehearsal)?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

so, do we want to try to squeeze a business meeting in at cranberry after we install?  …  It’d be saturday, June 1st

I’ve had a conflict come up for May 18 and 19 and can not attend a meeting on either day.  Is there another weekend we could meet (I’m thinking primarily of the Cranberry installation dress rehearsal)?

Tim, are you suggesting our “quarterly meeting” should happen before 6/1 (the DIG install)?  Josh wasn’t talking about the International Children’s Festival (which is the May 18-19 weekend on which you mentioned being busy).  I could go either way – have our official meeting on 6/1 after installing the DIG display, or have it earlier in conjunction with our dress rehearsal for the DIG build.  But, we’d have to find a good weekend to do the dress rehearsal, then…

I won’t be available the weekend of May 4 (not that you can’t do it without me), so if we’re trying to include everyone who’s contributing, we’d be limited to May 11 weekend or May 25 weekend…

Tim

Yes, I was totally confused before and was mixing up the Children’s Festival with the Quarterly Meeting with the Dress Rehearsal for the Dig in Reading installation.  Whew!  And sorry for any confusion!  🙂

The dress rehearsal should probably be a stand alone event.  I am available on Saturday, May 25 for that.

I vote to have our regular Quarterly LUG meeting take place on June 1 after the Dig installation (I assume that we will start the installation around 10:00 am when the Library opens).

Josh
    Keymaster

ok, so I’ll leave it at June 1st as the Q2 meeting, agreed?

I’ll post in the dig thread about dress rehearsal.

Dan
    Participant

June 1st works for me!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar