Annual Events

Home Forums LUG discussions Annual Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rich Millich
    Participant

We might look for yearly contests that already exist (like the Castle competition) so we can have LUG members star in their preferred roles and teach the rest of us, perhaps collaborating on techniques for “our guy” in the contests or events that are already around.

For example:

I was thinking about taking some pictures of various parts and techniques for a flickr discussion on how I approach building starfighters and Vic Vipers. What parts are most useful, design thinking, detailing, that kind of thing. There’s a yearly contest called NNoVVember which I plan to participate in again this year, and I’m already thinking about what to build, and it’s only February.
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/921332@N22/
    If the LUG is interested, I can do this anytime, maybe holding off until October so we’d all have a month to build.

I know there are regularly scheduled things, and with a little digging, we can do some of them, leaving enough room for the things we love to do and share among ourselves. Thoughts?

Josh
    Keymaster

yeah man, go for it.  You haven’t been at a meeting yet to hear it said, but LUG members should feel encouraged and supported to get things going like this.  Let the LUG know what you need to make it happen.

Zemata
    Participant

I for one would love to hear your wisdom on space vehicle building!  I’ve been yearning to build something space worthy but I get some sort of block where I can never finish it!

If we really want to challenge ourselves maybe a small competition between us that are interested to see who is best fit to represent our LUG in a larger contest would be in order.  Sort of a qualifier contest.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Yearly flickr event going on now:

FebRovery
    Space, wheeled vehicles

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1841195@N22/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar