Carnegie Science Center Locomotion Weekend – Jan 15-16

Home Forums LUG discussions Carnegie Science Center Locomotion Weekend – Jan 15-16

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Krista K

I saw that the Science Center is doing a train display by local hobbyists in January. I reached out to Connie George in marketing, who passed my info along to the Train Team. I haven’t heard back yet, but this would be a pretty easy one for us. Anyone interested in doing a train display?

Tim

Looks interesting. That is MLK weekend. Not certain of my availability yet (possible hockey tournament) but I am definitely interested.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

My guess is that they already organized what they are going to do this year, but they might keep the LUG in mind for next year. Published info on this year’s event can be found at

Locomotion Weekend

Krista K

They did squeeze us in for MessFest this past year, so I guess it’ll just depend on how much space they’ve already filled. I’ll let you know when I hear something.

Josh
    Keymaster

Thanks for leading with initiative, Krista! sounds like a cool event if it opens up to us!

Bob Grier
    Participant

Following. I’d be interested!

Will McDine
    Participant

I can send some trains/town stuff along, and possibly staff Sunday.

Krista K

Update: I haven’t heard yet from the train team, but did follow up with my contact (Connie) so hopefully they’ll reach out soon.

Krista K

Just to close the loop on this. After connecting with those who are interested, we’re going to skip this year. Patti (the coordinator) has put us on the list for outreach for next time.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I saw on the news that the Science Center was closing for a week because of covid-related staffing issues.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar