CMF display case

Home Forums MOCs CMF display case

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

Still a work in progress. I have to lower the center of gravity a bit. It spins.

I didn’t like how unscalable other people’s “window” based cases were. And I wanted a brick built solution rather than getting a real plastic case.

Each container is removable and built with the colors of the corresponding series. I think 12 modules will be the max…maybe 16 if I can get it a little more structurally sound.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

That’s a pretty neat idea, but what do you mean by unscalable?

Josh
    Keymaster

we’re going to see 13 series in the foreseeable future. Lego’s official display cases are about 12 bricks high with 2 rows of 8 windows. If you stack them, not only would it be precarious, but 13 would be about 5 feet tall. Then there are the cases that people are brick building to be like stairs, with rows of 16…at 3 studs per series, that makes it over a foot deep, maybe 2 feet tall, and really, really wide. a lot of wasted space underneath those stairs too. or there are people buying plexi boxes, but those aren’t really stackable.

LEGO minifigure display & storage ideas

Minfigures Display Stand
    LEGO Collectible Minifigures Series 1 Display Case and Box

Greg Schubert
    Participant

To me, seeing ALL those minifigs in one place is visually overwhelming no matter how you do it. A few dozen favorites would seem like enough, or maybe all of the LOTR or all of the classic pirate characters. I would expect a large number of display cases to end up in storage.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I would expect a large number of display cases to end up in storage.

Haha, yep. You know that LEGO is not going to stop with a successful program any time soon, so sooner or later it will get overwhelming. Josh, your design rocks, but it’s still 3D and will take up a lot of space, no? But I guess once there are 30 series(es) of figures, you can switch off – have only prime numbered series on display in January, Fibonacci sequence in February, etc…

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Here’s one way to display LEGO stuff without having to build something:

http://youngstown.craigslist.org/fuo/4194703323.html

Josh
    Keymaster

those cases might actually be handy to have for the museum display next july…

Josh
    Keymaster

missing a few CMFs, a few parts, and needs some cleaning up on the appearance side, but it’s functional. not sure if I’ll bring it saturday or not.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Zemata
    Participant

I can almost hear them screaming for help! Have you considered motorizing it?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

I noticed that the 1x6x5 clear panels jumped from 0.50 to 0.90 in the Pick a Brick section of Shop at Home. I hope you got all the ones you needed.

Josh
    Keymaster

well, crap. I’m short a bunch if I aim to finish the olympic figs and one offs…

Josh
    Keymaster

I’m calling it done, for now.

Collectible Minifig display case

Dan
    Participant

Looks great!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar