CMF Series 9

Home Forums All Things LEGO! CMF Series 9

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Just curious, is there anyone here who might want to split a box of the CMF Series 9?

Tim

We could get a box and “draft” the figs.  Are any of the local stores willing to sell by the box?  I believe there are 60 fig packs to a box at $2.99 so that would be $180 for the box.  If 6 people participated in the draft, everyone would pay $30 and get 10 figs out of it.

I will contact a friend of mine at S.W. Randalls, he might be able to cut us a deal on it. I am also interested in drafting.

Josh
    Keymaster

from the looks of it, there’s only 2 minifigs of 6 characters in a box. So at 6 people contributing, could get messy…just saying. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76075

that said, I’m always willing to trade minifigs. I picked between whether i wanted to jump on the cmf or the modular building collector bandwagons, and I’m chosing CMF.

I army build historical, so I can definitely forgo on a lot of the sci-fi and town. Maybe we should start with a list of what everyone wants, and work backwards from there to figure out the distribution and prices?

Tim

The Series 9 figs in which I am most interested in are (i) the Judge; (ii) the female Elf; and (iii) the Knight.  We could draft straigh (everyone gets one pick per turn) or do a weighted draft based upon the rarity of each fig relative to the entire box.  Either way, I would not want to do a “blind” draft (just picking unopened packets) – that’s basically what you do at the store (unless you take the time to try to “feel” each packet to figure out the identity of the fig inside).  I would want to open all the figs and then draft.

Doug
    Participant

I’d be interested in participating. I’m mostly interested in the waiter, the female Oscar winner, the chicken guy, the plumber and maybe the cop. I like the idea of doing a draft–just like in the League! Could be a fun event so long as no one gets too ouchy…

Dan
    Participant

I’d be interested in the Roman Emperor, Alien Avenger, Chicken Suit Guy, Heroic Knight, and maybe the Judge.

OK, to be fair, I have a…bit of a longer list, with the Forest Maiden, Fortune Teller, Heroic Knight, Mermaid, Mr. Hyde, Judge, Waiter, Cop, Chicken Suit Guy, Battle Mech, Alien Avenger, and Roman Emperor. As long as I can scratch a few off that list, I’ll be happy.

Josh
    Keymaster

Maybe with so many people wanting in, we get a box for every 3 people ($20 a person) or something.

Tim

Five people have participated in this thread to date and expressed interest in a Minifig Draft.  That would be 12 figs per person from a 60 fig box at $36/person (each box is $180/box assuming that the Lego Store will sell us a complete unopened box which I think they will – and with the 15% discount for AFOL Appreciation, that goes down to $153/box and with five people, $30.60/person).

Is there anyone else interested in participating?

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Sooo… did everyone get the figs they said they wanted?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar