Greetings.

Home Forums Introductions Greetings.

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ak41984
    Participant

Hi everyone.

My name is Adam. I have been meaning to write this for awhile. I am been collecting legos since I was 3. Some 30 years later I’m still at it. My dark years were from around 1999 to 2004 or so. Missed out on several awesome sets. I’m on my 3 lego display. Have always had a large city layout display. First a small 50 Sq ft table. Then a 300 Sq ft room. A few years ago I moved and built a building designed specifically for lego. ( I still built it too small). I’m looking forward to being able to be more involved in the community and go to events. Hopefully over the next few months things get back to normal in the world.

Beyond lego. I’m a contractor and real estate investor. I went to Slippery rock university for my bachelor degree. I have two kids a boy and a girl. My daughter still doesn’t quite know what to make of the lego building. She wants to get on the table, which doesn’t tend to end well. My son would probably just put legos in his mouth so he’s not allowed too close yet. Lol. I have been born and raised in the beaver county area and plan to stick around. Hope you get to know everyone better.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hello and welcome to the group. Not surprisingly, there is not much going on right now, but there is talk of doing a Q1 Zoom meeting.

>> A few years ago I moved and built a building designed specifically for lego.

We definitely need some clarification on this statement – you custom built your own house including a Lego room? That is the dream.

ak41984
    Participant

Hi Ben.

Moved into a 142 year older Victorian, due to age of home basement finishing wasn’t a option. (I stored new lego sets in the basement for a few years and they were wearing excessively).

I wanted a heated garage as well. So u built a carriage house / garage. 2nd floor is 95% legos. Probably will take over the last room Lego free, up there one day soon. so it’s a Lego house if you will. However I’m pretty sure that’s there a patent or too on that name, so I haven’t given it a official name yet haha.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Welcome to the club – look forward to meeting you when feasible!

I wanted a heated garage as well. So u built a carriage house / garage. 2nd floor is 95% legos. Probably will take over the last room Lego free, up there one day soon. so it’s a Lego house if you will. However I’m pretty sure that’s there a patent or too on that name, so I haven’t given it a official name yet haha.

I’ve seen a similar setup – albeit for model trains – at a dude’s place near Latrobe, as part of the Ligonier Valley Railroad’s Home Tour event we’ve done in previous years (search LVRR in the forums, or look in the Steel City LUG Flickr history!) Detached 2- or 3-car garage, entire upstairs was trains. You walked up steps and started seeing ground-level track at eye level. Then you had a few feet of standing room before you had to either crawl under or lift a hinged section (I forget) to access the rest of the room.

Yes, LEGO House is likely copyrighted… pretty cool place, though. Highly recommend a visit, if you’re ever in Billund!

Tim

so I haven’t given it a official name yet haha.

“Lego Cave”, “Lego Apartment”, or the ever popular “Lego Room”. Welcome! Hope to be able to meet you at our next “in person” event (whenever that may be). 🙂

Dan
    Participant

Welcome! Looks like a cool place! Victorians are beautiful homes by themselves – but a Lego room puts it in the “castle” category!

ak41984
    Participant

Attached is a picture of the building. Might help clarify the picture in your head.

4 car garage then second floor is legos.

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

The pic didn’t attach 🙁

This site is fussy about pics, you may need to reduce its size. I usually reduce mine to 1200 pixels wide before posting them here.

Rich Millich
    Participant

I have a couple of questions about your City setup.

* That’s a cool high steel yellow crane way in the back left of the picture. Is that a set, or a MOC?

* What roadplates are you using? The light gray ones with the green curbs?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar