Hello

Home Forums Introductions Hello

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Dryden Hawn
    Participant

Hello Everyone,

I am a Lego hobbist from Western Pennsylvania. I joined this group to become better aquatinted with the Lego community around me. I have always wanted to be a part of a Lego group. From planning to sorting to building, I love every part of Lego and hope to be a designer one day.

Tim

Hello and welcome. As you explore the Forums, note that there are several major events coming up in the next few months. We will be displaying this coming weekend at the Pennsylvania Trolley Museum – http://www.steelcitylug.com/forum/topic/summer-2018-display-pa-trolley-museum/. July 21-22 will be the Greenberg Train Show at the Monroeville Convention Center. And August 25 will be the LUG’s 3rd Quarter meeting and LUG Birthday Party.

Dryden Hawn
    Participant

Thank you Tim for the warm welcome,

These events sound wonderful. I sadly will not be able to attend this weekend’s event on account of being away for the weekend. I will check my schedule to see if I am able to attend the Greensburg Train Show event and the Third Quarter meeting.

Thanks again,

Dryden

Tim

If at all possible, the Q3 meeting will be a don’t miss event, since it is our LUG’s Birthday Party as well. Hope to see you there.

Rich Millich
    Participant

Steel City LUG isn’t only about building for displays or large meetings. We talk about smaller Build Day get togethers, swap parts, talk about techniques, special deals we find, how to gather and sort one’s collection, part usage, and talk about what The LEGO Group is doing. There is a lot that surrounds the brick, and there is probably someone here who shares your interests.

Read some threads. Jump right in.

Welcome!

Dryden Hawn
    Participant

Thanks Rich,

I have never been a part of a group before. I never knew there are this many faces to a LUG. Please keep me informed. I would like to attend as many meetings, events, and get-togethers as I can.

Thanks again for the warm welcome,

Dryden

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome Dryden!

Rich Millich
    Participant

When I check the forum, I look at the top of “New topics” and “Recently Active Topics” to get informed on what’s hot on events and on club members’ minds. Sometimes someone starts a project or a discussion that I want to follow or feel passionate about. Read up, get a vibe, and know that even small comments will get the club interested in you and what you have to share.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Dryden, do you live near Cranberry? You can see a display that the LUG created for the children’s library there. Also there are some younger LUG members who live near Cranberry, one of them, Micah, has been blogged and won contests for his LEGO building.

Dryden Hawn
    Participant

Hello Greg,

I live very close to Cranberrry. It was actually Micah’s parents who first told me about this group. I had also heard about the display but had not yet made the trip to see it.

Dan
    Participant

Welcome! What do you like to build?

Dryden Hawn
    Participant

I am glad you asked, Dan.

I love building anything. When I decide I want to build, I either go find an object of basis or I let my mind take the wheel and brainstorm with a handful of parts. Most recently, I have acquired a Lego motor. I am still trying to devise a plan on how to use it.

How about you?

Rich Millich
    Participant

I too often build from a handful of parts, but it’s usually a selection of printed or stickered parts combined with the smoother elements, then work from a core superstructure outward toward those parts and working my way inward at the same time.

Recently though, after a large purchase, I’ve started working from the core outward, considering the possibility of building a Blacktron I SHIP.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar