Hello, I’m Giannis

Home Forums Introductions Hello, I’m Giannis

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dmjohnspor
    Participant

Hey everyone! My name is Giannis (the name is Greek) and I am relatively new to Pittsburgh. I recently visited the Carnegie Science Museum and I saw some MOCs that your group made there, so I decided to give it a go, join and introduce myself. I am currently working as a teacher (teaching foreign languages and coding) and I am absolutely obsessed with Lego! The majority of my collection is Lego Star Wars sets, followed by Harry Potter and some Lego Creator sets. I am passionate about collecting and displaying minifigures and I am very curious to get into designing MOCs. I hope to meet everyone soon and get to build cool things with you all!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome to the group!

Tim Brown
    Participant

Ah languages. I love languages. Bienvenidos & Willkommen. Which languages do you teach?

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Hi Giannis, welcome. Short notice, but there’s actually a quarterly meeting tomorrow at Josh’s house. It’s a good way to meet people and see what’s going on.

2022 Q1 business meeting

Krista K

Welcome Giannis. Looking forward to seeing you at an event. 😊

ak41984
    Participant

Hi Giannis.

Stars wars , HP , and creator have come a long way over the last 10 years or so. You have any pictures of your builds? Anything is cool. We just had a build challenge of a tissue box holder and they were all great even the more simple ones from a building/ part selection perspective. My point is anything you create is a great starting point. What area of pittsburgh you located in?

dmjohnspor
    Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am sorry that I couldn’t make it to the meeting but I just moved into my new place and there is still a lot of unpacking and organizing that needs to be done. I am attaching some pics of my most recent builds just so that you guys get an idea of what I like. Unfortunately, I moved to a smaller place so currently I only have 2 cabinets that I use to display my collection and I have to rotate.

Out of curiosity, I would love to see how you guys display your sets. Send some pics of your collection to see!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dmjohnspor
    Participant

Here are some more. I am also looking to find a way to display minifigures, wall mounted and behind glass so they don’t get dusty. I have seen people making cases out of IKEA Ribba frames but they are currently out of stock.

Any good solutions / ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar