Here I go again…

Home Forums All Things LEGO! Here I go again…

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Hi Friends… I told myself that I was not going to do this again… I blame LUGBULK 2020. LEGO Ideas is pretty much impossible, but a couple of years ago I was able to thread the needle with the A Christmas Story project (in at least getting it to 10K votes). As something fun, I created the Bailey Building and Loan from It’s A Wonderful Life and dropped it off at the It’s A Wonderful Life Museum (which is about 40 mins from my house in Upstate NY). They loved it and I used this LUGBULK to create the house from the movie and ultimately was coaxed into submitting another project to LEGO as next year is the 75th anniversary of the movie. Anyway, the project went live on LEGO Ideas a few days ago, and I was hoping that the folks in the LUG might give it a vote and pass the word. The Jimmy Stewart Museum (which is just outside of Pittsburgh) shared it today, so I guess that makes it local 🙂 Thanks so much. If you have any other ideas on how to spread the word I am definitely open to that as well. Thanks again.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/0516795e-7aad-42c7-9583-8bfad614b21c

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

I upvoted it! My favorite movie of all time. Such a classic. I was hoping you did it in black and white, but I guess the colorized version will have to do.

Good luck!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by Jim Rolfe.
    Jason Middaugh
    Participant

I upvoted it! My favorite movie of all time. Such a classic. I was hoping you did it in black and white, but I guess the colorized version will have to do.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! I actually considered doing all black and white (and grays), but LEGO Ideas just did that with the Steamboat Willie set. Just tried to keep the colors kind of muted. I guess LEGO would always have that option though. Thanks again… it is going to be a long process…

Bob Grier
    Participant

Right out of Seneca Falls, NY (the inspiration for Bedford Falls), which is 10 miles from my home town!! You’ve got my vote!! I’m amazed at how much detail you were able to cram into the house!! Best of luck on this one!!

Jason Middaugh
    Participant

Right out of Seneca Falls, NY (the inspiration for Bedford Falls), which is 10 miles from my home town!! You’ve got my vote!! I’m amazed at how much detail you were able to cram into the house!! Best of luck on this one!!

It is a small world! Thanks so much. You will have to tell all of home town folks to vote too :)… We have copies of the prototypes in the movie museum in Seneca Falls, so if you are back in town you will have to stop in and check them out. Just did a couple of interviews with some news orgs over the past couple of days, so maybe it will get a little push once those come out. LEGO Ideas is a long game though… Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar