LAN – Pick and Build wall changes

Home Forums LUG discussions LAN – Pick and Build wall changes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Josh
    Keymaster

From the LAN:

[PLEASE NOTE THIS MESSAGE APPLIES TO NORTH AMERICA ONLY]

Hello and Good Afternoon Ambassadors & Work Group Leaders,

I hope this message finds you each well! As we’ve discussed here previously, there have been some significant changes to the Pick & Build, formally Pick-a-Brick, wall in our LEGO Brand Retail (LBR) stores this year. Some aspects of this roll out have made their way to the European locations but for the most part the impact was within North America.

I’ve been in dialog with the responsible team and we have an interesting bit of information we’d like to share with you. We are currently piloting a “fan favorite” concept on the Pick & Build wall in which we’ve partnered with the LBR Experience team to identify and supply LEGO elements that would be considered popular among the AFOL community. For the moment, this is in practice at two test locations (Bridgewater, New Jersey & San Antonio, Texas) This selection is not based upon any surveys or focus groups you have missed, but rather on the intel of your LEGO community team and ordering habits in various support programs. For reference, I’ve attached the graphic that is being utilized to highlight these pieces on the wall.

If the concept tests well, we hope to continue roll out across all LBR locations in North America. However, I do not have any information regarding timing. Additionally, I do not have any information regarding implementation at our locations in Europe. What are your thoughts on this concept? Please feel free to share this information with your respective groups.

Thank you for your time and continued support of the LEGO Brand!
    With Regards,

Kevin Hinkle
    Community Manager
    AFOL Relations & Program

Greg Schubert
    Participant

ROAD TRIP TO BRIDGEWATER NJ! Its BrickFair in NJ this weekend too.

But realistically what’s probably going to happen with this is that the people who already have bricklink stores near the LEGO pick-a-brick walls will scoop all of the good parts up and resell them. whatevs

Btw where is the

graphic that is being utilized to highlight these pieces on the wall.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

identify and supply LEGO elements that would be considered popular among the AFOL community

dark red 1×2 profile bricks are currently selling for $0.25 each on bricklink

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

But realistically what’s probably going to happen with this is that the people who already have bricklink stores near the LEGO pick-a-brick walls will scoop all of the good parts up and resell them. whatevs

Yeah, that’s a likely outcome.

Honestly, this does almost nothing for me, seeing as we don’t have a LEGO store in PGH, and I don’t really find the value of a PaB wall (even if there are good parts on it) to be worth a 4-6 hour round trip, at least not often.

Also, the rebranding from “Pick-a-Brick” to “Pick & Build” is just stupid.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar