May the 4th

Home Forums All Things LEGO! May the 4th

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

May the 4th used to be a LEGO Star Wars thing. I’m not particularly interested in Star Wars sets, but I am curious, is LEGO doing something this year?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Aren’t you on the Lego email list? They’ve been sending out promos for it, and it’s on the lego.com webpage. They do something every year. This is the first time I’m skipping it in quite a few years.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

To answer my own question, I looked on the LEGO website … there are now Incredibles sets? What??? … and new Jurassic whatever franchise sets? and what’s this, more sets from the movie CARS? are there TWO new Pixar films coming out this summer? oh man

https://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Juniors-ByTheme

Benjamin C Good
    Participant

Sheesh, my name is Greg and I’m the most out of touch person ever. Even more than Ben, which is saying something.

The Incredibles 2 is coming out this summer. Cars 3 came out last summer, presumably the Juniors set is just capitalizing on the enduing popularity of the Cars franchise among younger children.

There’s another Jurassic World movie starring Chris Pratt coming out this summer, it’s already been three years since the last one. I don’t know if Lego has a long-term contract for that or not, since I was under the impression that the sets didn’t sell well the last time, since I saw them on clearance in stores for more than a year after the movie run ended.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

“The name ‘LEGO’ is an abbreviation of the two Danish words “leg godt”, meaning “play well”. It’s our name and it’s our ideal.”

https://www.lego.com/en-us/aboutus/lego-group/the_lego_history

Greg Schubert
    Participant

David Bacon
    Participant

@greg, one year on May the 4th, they had the UCS B-Wing on sale for 50% off! A couple years ago, they had an exclusive set that AFOLs could only get by signing up and going to a local store. That was fun. A bunch of us went to Beechwood to get it. Other than those years, May the 4th hasn’t been really living up to the hype. Here’s a site that summarizes all the deals today: https://www.brothers-brick.com/2018/05/03/may-the-fourth-2018-lego-star-wars-sales-and-deals-75181-ucs-y-wing-and-bb-8-promo-sets-now-available-news/

I think the best thing this time is that the Y-Wing UCS set is now available. Most of the sets on sale for 20% off, have been on sale for 20% at Amazon or Wal-Mart or Target on and off for a while now.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

there are now Incredibles sets? What???

Personally, while I’m excited for the sequel, the sets are underwhelming… I mean, Mr. Incredible is the same size as a normal minifig, there’s no Frozone minifig, and Elastigirl’s stretchiness is… just a tube?

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Yes, the Incredibles sets that I have seen so far are in the “Juniors” theme and are preordained to be disappointing to we LEGO snobs, but the set designers have to start somewhere. 🙂

Jim Rolfe
    Participant

Also, this year, if you were a black card VIP, you got a special code for a free Y-Wing schematic poster. Otherwise, the sales sucked and the promo BB-8 looks terrible.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar