My First MOC

Home Forums MOCs My First MOC

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey fellas,

I dont know if this qualifies but take a look and let me know what you think.

Since Kai’s Fire Mech (70500) Was the set that got me back into lego, I decided I wanted to do my own version for Cole (the one in Black)

I got the pieces from BOTD and other sets.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Picture 2

Anonymous
    Inactive

Picture 3

Anonymous
    Inactive

Picture 4

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sigh..

Josh
    Keymaster

welcome to the file size limit of the forum attachments 🙂

and…KILLER! I wasn’t familiar with the fire set, but I see you used similar techniques, which is fine! awesome moc!

reminds me of tim’s parts draft legolas mech he posted a while back…

Great job!

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Re-imagining a set in different colors may not be considered an expert-level MOC, but it definitely qualifies. There are all kinds of things like that on flickr and elsewhere – taking a set from a certain Space faction and redoing it in another faction’s color scheme, etc. It’s all good. As long as it’s Unitron or Blacktron I.

Nice work!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks!

Yeah, I saw the mech they have him in a recent set and wasn’t really happy with it. It just kinda seemed like an after thought.

Thankfully I’m no where near expert level since I just got back into lego in February lol. I’m happy with the way it turned out though.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Thankfully I’m no where near expert level

Didn’t mean to diss you; and neither am I. It’s a really good exercise to re-imagine a set, whether it’s color scheme or using new parts that may not have been available when it came out, or whatever.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

If you had showed this to a LEGO builder 15 years ago, I don’t think they would believe that it was made out of LEGO parts.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar