New 2013 Lego Sets

Home Forums All Things LEGO! New 2013 Lego Sets

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tim

Has anyone else seen the rundown of new 2013 sets at The Brothers Brick (http://www.brothers-brick.com/)?  Oh geez, my wallet is already screaming “MERCY”!  I have not had time to peruse all the pictures but on first blush, the Lone Ranger Train and Stagecoach sets, all the LoTR sets, and the new Castle sets are all definitely on my hit list.  At $12, 70400 Forest Ambush looks like an awesome Castle parts/minifigs set and draft set.

Zemata
    Participant

The second wave of Galaxy Squad is top of my list.  Hoping that it somehow gets a third round.  A few of the Chima sets are buys for me.  I really like the way the new city sets are headed.   Despite the slightly juniorized plane parts it seems to me like they’re getting back to their roots with sets and boxart that remind me of the stuff I loved from the 90s.

RJ Thompson
    Participant

awesome site. thanks for the share.

my wallet does not thank you.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Definitely some good stuff coming; haven’t had time to investigate fully, but I agree it may be a rough year for our portfolios (but only if we don’t count LEGO as a prime investment medium…)

Tim

awesome site. thanks for the share. my wallet does not thank you.

The Brothers Brick is a great Lego blog and the only one I check with any regularity.  I took some time and more carefully reviewed the Long Ranger sets.  I’m not real excited about 79107 Comanche Camp, but the rest look really good.  I can see getting multiples of 79106 Cavalry Builder Set just for the blue cavalry minifigs (although what I will do with multiple Lone Rangers, I don’t know).

Tim

From what I have read, we should be starting to see some of the Lone Ranger sets anytime now.

Laura
    Participant

From what I have read, we should be starting to see some of the Lone Ranger sets anytime now.

Lone Ranger sets look awesome! I love that they have a cavalry builder set, more horses ftw!

Zemata
    Participant

They’re out at CIII toysrus at their rediculous prices.   Only buy there if you can coupon them to MSRP.    Ill be looking for galaxy squad wave 2 this weekend.

Laura
    Participant

Ya, I only shop at Toysrus if I have a coupon anymore. Prices are ridiculous, and the they’ve really upset me in the past with misleading advertisements. However, they did redeem themselves a little last year by allowing me to use an in-store only coupon online because the set I wanted to buy was not in stock at any local stores.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

So yeah, is anyone else thoroughly unimpressed by the Orthanc set?

I mean, aside from the minifigs, it’s got nothing on this MOC:

The Last March of the Ents

Just sayin’.

Tim

So yeah, is anyone else thoroughly unimpressed by the Orthanc set? I mean, aside from the minifigs, it’s got nothing on this MOC: The Last March of the Ents Just sayin’.

I don’t think Lego is ready to put out a $10,000 set. 😀  That said, I think 10237 is a pretty nice set.  Love the Sauruman and Wormtongue figs.

Laura
    Participant

Ya, I think Orthanc is pretty nice. It’s in the same line as the Death Star, not the most detailed version ever (because it has to be marketable) but still a pretty nice set.

I feel like Orthanc is probably on my “if possible” list. The Pirate Ship is going to be a definite, although I am surprised with the number of smaller sets I will be purchasing multiples of. (Castle and Lone Ranger) The Advent Calendars also look really good for both Star Wars and City.

Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

I don’t think Lego is ready to put out a $10,000 set.   That said, I think 10237 is a pretty nice set.  Love the Sauruman and Wormtongue figs.

Indeed.  I was mostly tongue-in-cheek there; for a reasonably-priced set, the one they’re putting out looks pretty good!

Zemata
    Participant

Lone Ranger is out pretty much everywhere at C3.  Toysrus has the summer sets for creator, lotr, galaxy squad, ultrabuild chima figures, hero factory and that’s it so far I think.

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Anyone like olive green cheese slopes? It seems that the European Pick-a-Bricks has them in large quantities:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=54200&colorID=155

I think the same can be said for the round 1×1 tiles in light bluish gray:

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogPG.asp?P=98138&colorID=86

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Anyone else heard of pocket sized racecar sets from Shell? Apparently this is old news … in other countries.

http://www.nst.com.my/streets/central/shell-launches-pocket-sized-lego-ferrari-cars-1.167980

• This reply was modified 10 years, 9 months ago by Greg Schubert.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Tim

Those are really nice looking cars. Too bad they did not make it to America.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar