New AFOL

Home Forums Introductions New AFOL

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Avalanchepgh
    Participant

Hi all! My name is Mark and I am 36 years old. I always loved LEGO and was only able to get the small sets as a child. Now that I am older, I find great relaxation and joy from the anxieties of life as I build.

I primarily enjoy the Star Wars UCS sets, CUUSOO/Ideas and Creator Expert but I have dabbled in some of the bigger Tecnic sets.

I am excited to find a community such as this in the Greater-Pittsburgh Area. I hope to see you around, if not in the LEGO store!

glambert171
    Participant

Hi, and welcome!

Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hi Mark, this site was buzzing with dialogue prior to the pandemic, but lately you can only hear crickets chirping. Do you have plans for building anything in the near future?

Dan
    Participant

Welcome Mark! The Ideas line is uniquely interesting due to its variety. There are all kinds of interesting sets released under it. What’s your favorite?

Avalanchepgh
    Participant

Hi all, I apologise as these emails were going to my junk folder and I just realized!

I’ve recently built the creator expert mustang and beetle and working on the ideas archeology set for my office desk.

I’ve picked up the Sian and the Bugatti and awaiting the led kit for the Bugatti. I’ve got it for the Sian.

I also build plastic scale models.

Thanks,. Mark

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Avalanchepgh.
    Greg Schubert
    Participant

Hi Mark, where do you live?

Avalanchepgh
    Participant

I’ve just relocated to Greensburg, PA for my job.

Avalanchepgh
    Participant

Welcome Mark! The Ideas line is uniquely interesting due to its variety. There are all kinds of interesting sets released under it. What’s your favorite?

I really loved the space mech set 21109. That is what got me interested in Lego as an adult
    actually!

Tom Frost
    Participant

Hi, Mark. Welcome!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar