New Member saying ๐Ÿ‘‹

Home Forums Introductions New Member saying ๐Ÿ‘‹

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    EpcotBricks
    Participant

Hi everyone.

I just registered and wanted to introduce myself. Iโ€™m Rachel and just recently Found my love of Lego again after about 30 years. So Iโ€™m starting over and looking forward to it. I have several sets from my childhood that Iโ€™m thinking about selling to jump start my new collection.

Rachel

@epcot_bricks on Instagram

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by EpcotBricks.
    Tom Frost
    Participant

Welcome Rachel!

Renรฉe
    Participant

Welcome to the LUG! We’ll be at the Ross Park Mall all day on the 28th if you have a chance to stop by and say hi. Which new LEGO themes are you interested in?

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Thanks Tom. ๐Ÿ™‚

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Hey Renee.

Thanks. I just may do that! I live about 3 hrs away but try to get there every few months. Just something about a Lego store. Haha.

I love the modular / creator , icons and ideas themes. Iโ€™ll have have a spot in my heart for classic space.

I have so much to learn since not being involved for so long. Iโ€™ve been building some of my sets from when I was a kid, and if nothing else โ€ฆ the instructions sure have come a long way!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Krista K

Hi Rachel. Welcome to the group!

We have a lot of classic space fans here. I’m loving the new space throwbacks that have been coming out and looking forward to the Blacktron Cruiser.

You’re so right about the instructions. It’s like find the differences in the old sets. ๐Ÿคฃ

Where are you located?

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Hi Krista.

Thanks for the warm welcome. ๐Ÿ™‚ Iโ€™m located in the very small town of Ridgway. I build my old set, 6941: Blacktron Battrax aka: Blacktron Prowler this weekend. Still looks great after all these years.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Matt Redfield
    Keymaster

Iโ€™m located in the very small town of Ridgway.

Hey, I live on Ridgway Street! (In PGH…)

Welcome to the group! Love to see some Blacktron I (although, #Unitron4Lyfe!)

Tim

Welcome. Elk County is beautiful country.

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Hey! Yes it is. My backyard is PA State Game lands. Iโ€™m very lucky to be able to enjoy the beautiful scenery every day. My dogs enjoy it too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ haha

Will McDine
    Participant

Welcome to the group! Is it safe to assume by your name on here that you’re a Disney Fan??

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Hi Will.

Haha. Yes. Very much so. Huge Disney fan. ๐Ÿ™‚

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Blacktron was my first series I really got into and collected almost everything…except the prowler lol.

Then it was the original Space Police. Now it’s UCS Star Wars mostly. Awesome to see a fellow Blacktron lover!

EpcotBricks
    Participant

I think the Blacktron theme is so eye catching. Like it was the only was to make a Lego theme intimidating back in the day. Haha. All black. Way before minifigures got facial expressions. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

Mitch
    Participant

Hi Rachel welcome to the group!

We have a discord build night on the 21st, join the discord under member links on the side panel of the forum! it’s a great way to chat and hangout, talk lego, build lego, and just get to know some members. If you need help with discord please let me know i am happy to help.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Mitch.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Mitch.
    Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Speaking of Blacktron, was sorting pieces from old bins in my closet from years past and found these 2 guys.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Will McDine
    Participant

Very much so. Huge Disney fan.

Nice to have another parks fan in the group! My wife and I are Disney Vacation Club members and go atleast once a year. Our next trip is actually next week. Welcome to the group!

Jonathan Wagner
    Participant

Very much so. Huge Disney fan.

Nice to have another parks fan in the group! My wife and I are Disney Vacation Club members and go atleast once a year. Our next trip is actually next week. Welcome to the group!

When I was there 2 weeks ago, was a bit disappointed by the PAB wall so hopefully they have restocked some. But got several black pieces for my Vader idea!

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Thank Mitch!
    I’ll try to remember. haha

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Nice find!. I still have the original minifigure from my set. Amazing me what I have been finding .. how much I forget I had. haha.

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Yeah Disney … gets way too much of my money. haha. I’m an AP holder (or was). I was there in August and the previous October and I hate to say it, just wasn’t what it has been. First time in forever I didn’t renew my Annual Pass. I need to take a year off I think. haha. Enjoy your trip! I do love it this time of year. What is your “home” resort. I always try and stay at YC or BC but last trip was at the Poly. I sure missed walking into Epcot later at night to get some adult beverages. haha

Tim

I stayed at the Yacht Club years ago (my wife had a business meeting at Disney) and it was so nice to just walk over into the Country showcase area of Epcot (I love me some Yorkshire County Fish & Chips). We went to Disney Springs last April and there was a line just to get into the Lego Store (they were still limiting the number of guests in the Store). I did not bother because it was hot that day.

EpcotBricks
    Participant

Omg!! Yorkshire fish and chips!! ๐Ÿคค so so good!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar